Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I am trying to update to Windows 10. I purchased a desktop

Customer Question

I am trying to update to Windows 10. I purchased a desktop and Windows 8 came with it...so I don't have the Windows key. When I try to update it, it says Windows has not been activated on my computer....but I am using it??? Any suggestions?
Category: Software
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I first got the computer, it went straight to the "tiles". Later on, it started giving me the message that I didn't have Windows activated....which I suppose that is what the update is reading. I had to "go around" that prompt every time, but was always able to get to the Windows screen then. A virus maybe?? I don't know....I am very frustrated with it all.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

When did you start getting the error, when you got the computer?

It's strange that it hasn't locked you out yet - where did you purchase it from?

May I start a remote session so we can work on the problem together from your computer?

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** think I got it resolved while I was waiting.
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.

Oh okay, glad to hear you got it resolved!

You can contact billing / customer support using the following link if you need to:

ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Have a lovely Sunday!

Regards,