Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer
Experience:  Java, iOS, VB.net, SQL, C+, C++, Obj C
68869132

If I purchase the stand-alone Outlook software, will I be

Customer Question

If I purchase the stand-alone Outlook software, will I be able to sync eamil, contacts and calendar between my Windows PC and my Android phone and tablet? Thank you.
Category: Software
Expert:  Chris Baxter replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

Yes you can! Android store has multiple free apps to make the connection between outlook on your pc and your android phone! "Outlook-Android Sync" is a free app for your android that connects to your pc. There are many others!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you. I tried out Outlook-Android-Sync, but the setup was more complex than I can manage. For example, I was required to modify my router which I was unable to accomplish.

So instead, I have purchased Outlook for my PC and downloaded the Outlook for Andriod app from the Play Store. Although both are working independently, and both are receiving email from the intended address, Calendar and Contacts don't appear to sync between the two. Is there a way to make that happen? Thank you.

Of course! Please see the following link for all the information you need to do that. I recommend "CompanionLink" as a utility, since PC to Android sync is not something automatically supported.

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync-outlook/syncing-outlook-with-an-android-smartphone/

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Trying to use the companion link utility which requires that I download deja cloud. downloading deja cloud requires that i enter an email address and password ***** account set up. I am entering my work email and password ***** receive an error message "invalid username or password).

Disregard this question - I didn't realize I needed to create a Deja Cloud account separately before sync. Doing so now.

Is there a "create new account" button on the page where you are entering that login and password?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I've been able to download the Companion Link and Deja Office on both my PC and phone. I've also been able to import my native contacts and Events from phone to DejaOffice, and can view them in the Deja Office applications on the PC. However, the Deja Office applications (Contacts and Calendar) on the phone remain empty. Can you help me get the rest of the way here?

Thank you.

Update - it now appears that I can sync Events between Outlook on PC and DejaOffice on phone (not what I hoped for, but serviceable). Deja contacts on Phone still empty.

Of course! One more link! This one contains all the instructions to complete your setup. http://www.companionlink.com/support/kb/Synchronizing_DejaOffice_with_the_Android_applications

Please don't forget to rate and accept! I do not get paid until you do! :)