Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I can not access the printer dialog on Photoshop CS6 - just

Customer Question

I can not access the printer dialog on Photoshop CS6 - just stopped working and was working yesterday OK - all other software prints OK on the same printer - I can no0t even get to the printer screen - PS crashes...
Any help would be apporeciated
Tom
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tom, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

Are you using a Windows computer or a Mac? Also, in your Photoshop, is the PRINT command still available or clickable but nothing happens when you click on it?

Or is it grayed out so you cannot click on it to open the Print dialog?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks - I using a PC - i7 processor SSD
The printer command is still there from the pull down and not grayed out
If I click it there is brief pause and CS6 Crashes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here is the error get after the crash:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: Photoshop.exe
Application Version: 13.0.0.0
Application Timestamp: 4f61c045
Fault Module Name: StackHash_e015
Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.19045
Fault Module Timestamp: 56259295
Exception Code: c0000374
Exception Offset: 00000000000bffc2
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: e015
Additional Information 2: e0159e2cd5f83e6a1edb67ce0554e029
Additional Information 3: c93f
Additional Information 4: c93fd375b0d0545b973db5513b813b15
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Hi Tom,

Thank you for writing back with that information and I am very sorry about the persisting issues. Are you getting any error message before CS6 crashes? Or is it just showing the "Not Responding" notice and crashes?

Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for that information. Please give me a moment to check it and I will get back to you.

By the way, did you install Windows updates recently? Or printer driver updates recently?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just sent you the crash info after the crash n- Once I access the printer dialiog, it crahsesNo not before this occurred . It was working fine yesterday. I check Google and there seems to be an persistant issue of this too. I really need to get this fixed - I'm a photojournalist
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can not even get to the print screen - not even to print to an Adobe PDF
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry about the persisting issues. The error code that you are getting is related to CS6's fault when the printer has changed. Is this happening TO ALL of your existing files? Or to a particular file only?

Also, did you change your printer recently? Or move it to another USB port?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, the printer is on a network and everything else on the computer prints fine. I can even create a blank file and just place some type and it still crashes. Nothing has changed in the last 24 hours other than starting the computer this morning for another days work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i tried reloading CS6 and that did not work. This issue is only in CS6
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried to fetch some updates for CS6 and install them if updates are available?

Also, please close CS6, then try to set the network printer as a DEFAULT printer. Then open CD6 and try to print to that default printer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried to get updates and it says none available
The printer on the network is set to default.
Please note : I can NOT get the printer screen to even come up - when I ht the "print" from the pull down it immediately crashes.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for writing back with that confirmation.

Have you tried to perform a System Restore? Since you mentioned that this was still working yesterday, I suggest that you perform a System Restore so that the system will roll back settings when CS6 was still working.

Please give it a try and here are the steps:

How to Run System Restore in Windows

Navigate to the Start => All Programs => Accessories => System Tools program group.
Click on the System Restore program icon.
Click Next => on the Restore system files and settings window.
Choose the restore point that you want to use. You should use a restore point with a prior date when you still don't have the problem you are facing now. Use a point dated like 1 week ago or two weeks ago.

Important: You need to check the Show more restore points checkbox to see more than the most recent restore points available in your system.

System Restore will only restore your system files and settings that was previously saved as a Restore Point. It will not affect your personal files.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I tried a system restore and that did not help
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Did you receive an error message recently before the crashing occurs, error similar to this below?

"The saved printer information is not compatible with this version of Photoshop or the saved printers is no longer available"

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No I did not - never received any errors regarding the printer -
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can see we're getting no where - I will have to consult with Adobe on this issue - Could you please refund my $38 to my PayPal account. Sorry to have troubled you.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I can request that for you. Or if you want, I can assist you further any time for this. Please confirm if you want to discontinue the question or not. But I still have to compile procedures that you can try in this case should you wish to continue.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
let's discontinue - this issue is really a complex one - I appreciate your expertise and time. I will have to contact Adobe (I know good luck here)
Expert:  Jess M. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using our service and I am sorry if I was not able to help. I will now send a refund request for you and this question will be closed.

If you need assistance in the future, you can use us any time.

Best regards,

Jess

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much