Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

OK, I've installed Thunderbird, and it's up and

Customer Question
working fine. Now, I have...
OK, I've installed Thunderbird, and it's up and working fine. Now, I have a lot of email left in the Outlook inbox that I want to move to the Thunderbird inbox. How can I do this?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 hour by:
11/28/2015
Software technician: Martin, Network Engineer replied 1 year ago
Martin, Network Engineer

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

You can import them directly from Thunderbird, take a look at this link:

http://smallbusiness.chron.com/export-outlook-thunderbird-50375.html

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Sorry to take so long on this; I was hospitalized. I tried your procedure, and had a problem: on the step where I'm to select Outlook, the choice is in gray type. The only one that's in black type is Outlook Express, which I don't have. I followed the instructions to the letter three times.

No problem Ken, glad to hear back from you.

Sometimes Thunderbird doesn't detect the Outlook installation.

What kind of email address is it? You may need to set it up as IMAP and copy the emails you want to keep over to the IMAP folders on the mail server as opposed to using POP3.

Once they're on the IMAP server you can simply add your email account to Thunderbird as IMAP and the emails will transfer across the internet.

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist