Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Install, Update, troubleshoot and remove all types of software
63493917

I have a hard drive out of a windows 98 computer and have

Customer Question

I have a hard drive out of a windows 98 computer and have hooked it up to a XP operating system computer. Out of the windows*****I have taken a file Omron syswin program that shows up on my screen does that mean I can start manipulating the syswin program with my XP computer or do I have to download the windows*****into the XP computer or do I have to cable up to the Sys win PLC to work the program
Category: Software
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for choosing JUSTANSWER.com

.

Depending on the type of program, you would FIRST need to INSTALL the program on the WinXP computer before you could actually RUN the program.

If you had the INSTALL files on the Win98 hard drive, then, in theory, you could RUN the install package FROM the Win98 harddrive and have it INSTALL on the WinXP harddrive.

However, most programs are written specifically for an OS. SO a program written for Win98, wont run on a WinXP OS. Make Sense?