Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

Molinari, just reading through a former post as I seem to

Customer Question

Hi Molinari, just reading through a former post as I seem to have the same problem (have licensed Windows 7 Pro Software and for some time now I get the message "no original Microsoft software".
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you provide a little more information please on your issue? As we have millions of posts here and I cannot see what you are referring to sorry.

Please be as descriptive as possible.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I provided more information via contact form. Anyway, what exactly do you need to know?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

The problem you are having please.

I only see a message about you having the same problem but do not see what the problem is sorry.

I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you.

Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse.

I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps.

Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong.

If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me.

Thanks,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will remote help cost an extra 40.-- (I already paid 40 for getting help)?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

yes, but it is optional for me then to connect to your computer and solve this directly, else I need to know what the actual problem you have is please so I can work with you to fix it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, so we do it whithout remote, this is a private PC and I can't spend that much money (although I am quite sure you would do a very good job) ;-).I use Microsoft Windows Pro 64-Bit Software release 6/11 x17-05263-02 which is original software. I am not sure if my boyfriend registered it after the purchase some years ago.It worked perfectly until a couple of weeks ago (maybe 4???) a message appeared regularly (this is not an original software blabla, pls register). We thought it would pass. But it keeps popping up.- We tried to verify the software via MS website, but the result is that "this is not original software" which is not true.
- We tried with IE and with Firefox (who knows? Might be a different result, but this was not the case). BTW: Do you need to know the versions of the browsers?What else do you suggest?Regards,Leslie
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, then an illegal copy of windows has been installed and Microsoft has now detected this, its why the message is now coming up.

What is the make and model of the computer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But how can this happen? I am absolutely sure this is NOT an illegal copy. I have the original disc with product key at my hands. Get back to you with model and make (sorry, what do you mean by "make"? English is not my mother tongue and I am not familiar with this expression)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess you would need to know what kind of hard disk is inside...
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Thats ok, Make is brand, like dell

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is there a key I can press to provide you with the information? Thanks, ***** ***** is cooler master.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can also get a screwdriver and open the tower ;-)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

is this a self made computer? So not Dell or HP ect?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Seems to. My boyfried used to game a lot.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok thanks.

The thing here is I am trying to ascertain if the computer is complain about windows or a microsoft installed product, as I understand the message your telling me is a translation, so it makes it a little harder for me as this is not the message it would give in English

Click Start, right click computer and select properties.

In the new window go to the bottom and tell me what it says about windows. If it is activated or not please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, it is no translation. I am writing directly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I guess my English isn't that bad ;-)
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, can you do the last instructions I gave and give me the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It says "you have to make the activation today. Activate Windows now" Plus a product key number.BTW: That number is ***** the number stated on the original disc! I have the possibility of changing the product key via a link. Do you want me to do so and indicate the product key of the disc?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

ok, so the issue is its detected windows as illegal. Please od the change and put the product key in from your disk.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a problem: I need the admin PW and my boyfried can't answer the phone right now. Can I get back to you to a later point of time? He might call back soon or in a couple of hours..
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

That is ok, let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thanks so far.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

your welcome and till later.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't accept the original key and keeps insisting that the software is not original. I tried several times.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then it has not been installed with this disk but an illegal copy of windows, your only legal option is a reinstallation of windows using the disk and product key you have as this is an illegal installation you currently have.

If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Richard,Right now I don't think you want me to rate your service. I am not at all satisfied: If it really was an illegal copy as you said, then my problem would be obvious and there was no need to pay for your service. I could have handled the problem myself with exactly the solution you suggested.But - and believe me or not - I repeat that it is NOT an illegal copy nevertheless what the system says. If you consult Dr. Google, there are other people confronting the same issue - all also with legal copies which worked perfectly until some time ago. As did ours.So, what do you suggest? I wanted to have an expert advise and not just following one of the suggestions available in the www.Regards,Leslie
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.

Leslie, it is not accepting your product number so its either illegal or installed from another disk which you do not have, therefore if your not able to get the product number that's required you have to install it legally from the disk you have.

I have told you what you need to do, anything else is pushing for an illegal solution by hacking the registry using windows product key hacks, which is not legal.

You are free to rate as you wish, but as you said "It doesn't accept the original key and keeps insisting that the software is not original. I tried several times." which clearly demonstrates I am correct here. I feel your trying to use the ratings system as a method to bully me into proving an illegal solution which is against site policy here and will not happen.

If you need anything else separate to this then let me know.