Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

Willing update from windows7 to windows10 found that my

Customer Question
Willing update from windows7 to...
Willing update from windows7 to windows10 found that my protege M750 135 not able without bios adaptation
tried to correct bios as mentioned but now request me a passwoord to enter bios ? ? ?
Cant remember if I set a passwoord but dont think so :-(
Thks regards
Alex
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
11/13/2015
Software technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist

Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.

I am very sorry about the issues. First, please try to enter a wrong or random password ***** times in a row. Did you get an error or hash code on screen?

Please let me know by replying to me here so that I can help you further.

Best regards,
Jess

Hi, before I received an " denied" and at the third time computor shutdown no hash code on screen
now I can type anything the computor does not seem to answer?

I am very sorry about the issue. Unfortunately, I cannot help you with this. Let me opt out so that my fellow experts can assist you further.

Best regards,

Jess

Software technician: Chris Baxter, Programmer replied 2 years ago
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer

Hello! On your model, (and most newer models of Toshiba laptop) the BIOS and power on password ***** be cleared using the jumper on the bottom of the machine, see following link for instructions!

http://www.ccl-la.com/blog/index.php/clearing-bios-power-on-passwords-on-toshiba-laptops/

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and don't forget to accept and rate! :)

the problem is that I cannot acees to your link :
Gateway GEO-IP Alert
This request is blocked by the SonicWALL Gateway Geo IP Service.
Country Name:Belgium.
Initiator IP:XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
! ! !

The link works fine from here, are you sure you do not have a virus?

You could try also renewing your DHCP by restarting your router...it seems you either are being blocked by a network administrator or you reside in a country that is blocked. If that I would assume is your IP address there, I think that is probably the issue!

Really sorry, but cannote locate on portege mobo can you enlarge or advise where to look?
seems near memory?
Thks rgds
Alex

It would be near the Mobo battery, likely on the back side. It will be as in the picture I linked, (which is for shorting manually with a flat head screwdriver, or it will be 3pins with a jumper across them. May have a printed label on the MOBO near it "CLR" or "CLEAR BIOS" or any variation between. I will see if I can get you a better picture.

Computer completely disassembled no sign clear ... or any other suggestions found near the battery or anything else !
Case is not solved and you didn't brought me a solution ! Why then billed me 36 € for an unsolved solution ?

I am sorry but if you cannot find one, it is possible your model of mobo does not have the pin. There are two other solutions that could be possible, one requires you to have the computer partially apart as it is going to require jumping the pins. The second is a program. Try the program first if possible, (understandably putting the computer back together can be a pain in the behind!) Let me know if you have other questions! http://www.tech-faq.com/reset-toshiba-bios-password.html

The portable doesnt want to boot on anything before I give a pasword ! ! !
What's your other proposal
thks rgds

The only remaining solution is to jumper the printer port (short the printer port) and force reset via the pin method described above and in the following link:

http://www.fixya.com/support/t4290818-reset_boot_password_in_toshiba_portege

This may not work with the printer model you have, and typically the pin I spoke of is found under some plastic that would be required to be peeled back to see the pin, (most computers have this under the RAM chips, under a bit of mylar, (at least most Toshibas do).

Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter, Programmer