Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

Yesterday, my computer started to have a loud beeping and a

Customer Question
message came on it saying...
yesterday, my computer started to have a loud beeping and a message came on it saying it had been compromised and to call a certain number. I did that thinking that it was a tech support and now feel like I was scammed.
It was digisupportpro whom I called. I allowed them access to the computer and now want to make sure that my information isn't compromised and if it is, is there anything I can do about it?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
11/9/2015
Software technician: Martin, Network Engineer replied 2 years ago
Martin, Network Engineer

Hello, welcome to JustAnswer my name is ***** ***** I'm one of the experts who will be assisting you today.

Sorry to hear you're having trouble with your computer.

Do you remember what number you called? It is most likely a scam as you suspect and I would recommend a thorough check to make sure your computer isn't compromised.

Please reply using the box below.

Regards,

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist