Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

The Windows 10 media payer does not recognize the CD's

Customer Question

The Windows 10 media payer does not recognize the CD's or DVD's as it did in Windows 7. When a disc is inserted there is no response or if the media player is open it sends "Insert disc" then there is still no response. I accepted the $39 on-line repair
request.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.

I am the person that will be helping you today.

Does the drive recognize data CDs and DVDs at all?

I will be standing by.

Thank you,
Jason

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It did once and then I tried another DVD and other repeats with no response.

Thank you for the update.

May I start a remote screen sharing session with you so that I can better help you resolve this problem?

When the remote begins, a chat window will appear that we can use to communicate with each other.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Jason, I paid $39 to Richard , about an hour ago to solve this problem and I thought you were the response to that communication.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, that was a mistake. You created a whole new question on the website. I am sorry for the confusion. Go back to the page you were on earlier so you can speak with Richard. If you choose to continue with me, you may click the "Accept this offer" button on this page. After you do that, the remote link will be posted here. Thank you.