Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

When taking pictures Pano, would it help make each section

Customer Question

When taking pictures for a Pano, would it help make each section uniform in exposure by putting the exposure on "manual". I'm making a pano of a mile long bridge span in early morning and the light changes from relative darkness to the pre dawn sky which is noticeably lighter by degrees...
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.

I think that if the areas stitched together have contrast differences induced near or at the edges, you need to get the exposures to be uniform, in point of the area that is stitched or the area that is at the edge.

Oddly enough, this might be a matter of choosing where those 'edge,' or stitched, areas are, as well as of the exposure being uniform ... if you were photographing bushes and other darker foreground objects against a background of dried grassy field, for instance, having the dried grassy field being where the various exposures or individual pictures were stitched together, would help a lot.

Because, with a uniform exposure *and* that exposure being of a uniformly one-toned or 'one-brightnessed' at the edges that are stitched together, a likely similitude of adjacent portions of the different exposures would be achieved. Try it, at an rate. (This might possibly be done simply by cropping some of the photos before stitching, as well as setting to one exposure level on Manual, as well as choosing the right framing for each exposure.)