Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

Can you please help me or direct me to someone who can? To

Customer Question
Can you please help me...
Can you please help me or direct me to someone who can?
To Facebook:
I have been trying to get back into my account for approximately 6 months, have written Facebook too many times and ways to count - with no response. I've changed my password, following your instructions each time, too many times - tell me why I should continue to stay on Facebook, that is, if I could ever get back in during this decade. Hey, I'm 66 years old - how much longer do you think I'll last and get back on Facebook before I "bite the bullet".
Give an old lady a break and get me back on....soon! You system keeps "looping" me around to "Your account has been Temporary Locked...etc." Please - do something about it. Or better yet - contact me via email or phone at XXX-XXX-XXXX.
To recap:
- You do not, evidently, have the techie know-how to get me into my account
- You lack customer service at Facebook
- Your system did send me to a "help" site that would give me a solution to my problem, but it would cost me between $36 to $42
- Your "community forums", while the people are nice, can't fix a problem that is internal
- There is no avenue for customers to actually talk to someone at Facebook
I have:
- Sent many, many emails, texts and "fill-in" boxes on your "Help" site
- Have changed my password (a lot) following your directions
- Phoned Facebook (again, repeatedly).....but keep getting a recorded message
- Have used the "Help" function and went through every category you have - trust me, not helpful at all
- Have read all the emails you have sent me indicating that I have messages, people who want to connect me, a list of "friends" that want me to see their new postings, however, you can't seem to respond to any emails or inquiries for help
So, what do I need to do - come down to your office and strip naked to get your attention? Trust me, it wouldn't be pretty and may hurt your eyes and mental state for years to come....especially since my image will be burned on your memory....forever - yikes....that even scares me and it is my body!
In conclusion....so, you won't have a full-fledged member of the "senior" community who will be bugging you everyday, and with access to other senior members, who have access to their children and grandchildren (see where I'm going with this)....as the Boy Scouts say...."help an old lady across the street"....hopefully, you will get the analogy of that phrase and do the right thing.
In closing....I will give you a week to respond, much more generous than your "hour" limit you gave me to on get into my account -which, of course, as we both know hasn't happened. If I don't hear from you, I will be in your office within the next week in my robe and some 3D glasses for ya' all.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
10/27/2015
Software technician: Michael Hannigan, IT Expert replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert

bbecause Facebook has very strict security policies writing to them will really not produce anything. Hopefully at 66 you are not ready to bite the bullet quite yet,, but if you are let me know and I can give you a list of things that are much more fun to be doing under final days then looking at Facebook. There system is notorious for looping around insecurity loops. And they do lacked customer service to help. The only real way to get back into your Facebook account is through the automated process unfortunately. From the outside and as a third-party, we have absolutely no access to their security systems. In fact you would be hard-pressed to find somebody within Facebook that has any type of direct access to their security systems either. If you absolutely just can get back in, maybe if you can tell me where you're getting stuck I might be able to help little bit better. I can tell you that the temporarily locked message is something that is indeed temporary and is based on using an incorrect login too many times in a row. It does not mean that the account is permanently locked. It just means that you've used the wrong password. After that. Either 24 or 48 hours you can try again with no ill effects. Or, after that 24 or 48 hours, you can immediately go to the forgot password ***** and start the process of trying to Recover your password. yyou won't be able to recover your password ***** that lockout time and anytime you try to access the account before that time is expired will simply reset the timer. Their security is very strict and is very inconvenient when you are on the opposite side of it. Most of the time it does do its job serving you as great protection against someone else getting to your account. But when it serves as stopping you from getting into your account it is extremely annoying. Another thing you can do depending on how much you rely on your existing Facebook account is to simply create a new one. I know that is not always practical if someone has a great deal of content in their Facebook account already. What would happen if you did that is they would eventually delete the original one. Like I said I don't expect that to be practical but it is an option if it is your only option. Let me know if there's something I can do to help you proceed and I'll be happy to do it.

If I create a new account, can I access my old page? Also, won't I have to use a different email, name, etc. to create a new account?
Can't tell if you already got this....so, if I create a new acct. in Facebook, do I also have to have a different email address, name, etc. to do so?

You will have to use a different email, yes. As I said, the problem is that if you want to access or even delete the old accounts, you must be able to log into them first.

Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert