Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I have a Dell pc that's about 2 years ago. Its was

Customer Question

I have a Dell pc that's about 2 years ago. Its was bought running Windows 8. Now upgrade to 10. My computer is running slow. Internet pages open slower and the curser seems to take so long to work on the page. It needs help and I don't want to lose info
on it. What can be done?
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

To start with Id like to say that not all computers are fully compatible with Windows 10. Also, sometimes the upgrade install doesnt go smoothly, and windows 10 doesnt work so well.

We can try some fixes, but it may be that we need to downgrade to windows 8 and keep your files.

First, we need to open and admin command prompt. Here's how to do so.

http://www.intowindows.com/command-prompt-as-administrator-in-windows-10/

In that window.. Type this command.

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Hit enter.. Watch the command prompt window.. It should so a percent sign showing the progress. As long as it does that and doesnt give you an error, then the command is running. Be prepared, this may take an hour, to two hours.

Once complete.. restart the computer.. Then, we need to check and see which drivers failed to install.. Heres how.

Please press the windows key on your keyboard , hold it down, and press R

Onscreen should be a box that says Open / Run . In that box type in,

devmgmt.msc and then hit enter.

Now, inside the device manager windows that shows up, were looking for any device that says unknown or unrecognized device, and it may have a yellow warning mark next to it. If you see any of those devices, let me know what they are labeled as and what category they fall under.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Followed your directions and found no warning marks. In the past with other computers I have seen the marks. So whats next?
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Ive just returned from my appointment , a bit early.

Did you have a chance to run this repair.

Did it complete to 100% ?

If so, lets check the following when the computer is running slow and misbehaving.

Press ctrl alt and delete. click task manager.

What %'s are your CPU Memory and Disk at on average?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
cpu 7 mem 57 disc 0
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Hi, you never specified if the DISM command completed to 100%...

If so.. and if the problem is still present.. Which Internet browser is it specifically that you are using, thats running slow?

D.S

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ie
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Did you still need help with this issue.. I never saw your message 26 hours later, Until now.