Dan, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  25 Years working with computer troubleshooting and networking. Comp TIA A-Plus Certified.
1567601

I have recently installed windows 10 on my HP computer. The

Customer Question

I have recently installed windows 10 on my HP computer. The computer has shut down and when the screen comes back up it says "Automatic Repair" Your PC did not start correctly Press "Restart" to restart your PC, which can sometimes fix the problem. You can also press :Advanced Options" to try other options to repair your PC. I have tried everything under the heading "Automatic Repair" and nothing works. The computer will not restart and all the computer will allow me to do is turn it off but will not reboot when I turn it back on.
Category: Software
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Hello and thank you for your question. I look forward to assisting you today. Did you attempt to install Windows 10 over Windows XP?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have been running Windows 10 for approx. 2 months with no problems.
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Did you purchase a license for Windows 10?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not that I am aware of
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Okay. There is no free upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 10. Most likely that is what the problem is and you will need to purchase a license key and reinstall Windows 10. The other thing to consider is your computer. Make sure it meets the minimum hardware specs or better for Windows 10 so you don't have problems in the future.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cannot get into my computer so how can I go back to what I was previously running on my computer?
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Well it doesn't really matter what you had running besides Windows XP. The only option you have would be to reload XP and start over with a licensed copy of 10 or Start with Windows 7 and upgrade from there.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok
Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

It might be cheaper for you to start out with Windows 7 then upgrade from there.

Expert:  Dan replied 2 years ago.

Still with me?