Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

HOW DO I TRANSFER FILES, ETC FROM WINDOWS 7 PC TO NEW

Customer Question
WINDOWS 10 PC?...
HOW DO I TRANSFER FILES, ETC FROM WINDOWS 7 PC TO NEW WINDOWS 10 PC?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
9/23/2015
Software technician: Mr.Med, software engineer replied 2 years ago
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, software engineer

Hello and welcome to justanswer, My name is ***** ***** i will be assisting you today,

To transfer your files from your computer to another computer, You can simply use An External Storage Media (a USB flash drive , Memory card, ect...) :

1-First Insert the usb flash drive into your computer (windows 7) and copy the files you want, then click on "my computer" and open your usb key and past the files.

2-start your computer (windows 10) and Insert the usb flash drive, then copy again the files from the usb to the location you want to copy. (for example your desktop)

Let me know if you need further help

Thank you

Solution 1 : Sharing files

First Verify that your 2 computers are connected to your wireless router and same network.

Go to My Computer in windows 7. Select and right-click on the hard drive or folder/file you want to transfer to the other computer then click Properties, Click on the Sharing tab in the Properties dialog box. Select the Advanced Sharing button.

Check the box at the top that says Share this Folder or Change Advanced Sharing Settings. and Click Apply when you are done.

Log on to your other computer (windows 10) . Go to the Start menu and select Network in your list of default options. Look for your other computer (windows 7) on the list of connected computers. Double click on that computer.

Find the files that have been shared on your other computer (windows 7). Drag or copy them onto your new computer (windows 10) to transfer.

Solution 2 : Using Windows Easy Share

Purchase an easy transfer cable from an online store or electronics store (ebay or amazon for example) .This is a special male-to-male USB cable that enables you to transfer files directly between PCs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Windows-Easy-Transfer-Cable/dp/B002L5S6VW

On windows 7, click start and type : Windows Easy Transfer and click on it, once it open, please Click “Next” on your first screen. Select This is my old computer. select items and data you want to transfer then select the option An easy transfer cable

On windows 10, do the same and select This is my new computer. and select the option An easy transfer cable

Once the process is complete, the new files should be transferred and available on your windows 10.

Solution 3 : Uploading your data to an online backup (cloud backup) :

From windows 7 login or open a new account on google drive (or dropbox) and upload all your files to you account, once you finish, please start your windows 10 and login to your google drive account and download your files.

to create an account please click on this link : https://www.google.com/drive/

Hope this help

let me know if you need further help

Thank you

Note : Please do not Rate an answer as poor or bad service until we finished with the session. Once you are satisfied please RATE 4 or above. only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. if we cant help you solve the issue you will be entitled to a full refund.

has everything worked out please, do you still need help? . When you are available, please reply at the box below to continue.

Thank you

Has everything worked out please?

My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.If you have a moment please rate my service by clicking on one of the faces below, positive ratings are appreciated. if you still need help, please reply back to me and i will gladly continue to help you

Note: Please do not rate an answer as poor or bad service if you are not satisfied

Thank you

Mr.Med
Mr.Med
Mr.Med, software engineer