Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

Fix Windows 7 system restore fail error code 0x80070005

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
9/11/2015
Software technician: yourteqrepair, Computer Systems Analyst replied 2 years ago
yourteqrepair
yourteqrepair, Computer Systems Analyst

Is the username you logged into the computer with in safe mode an Administrator user name?

The other response I received:
Your question on eQuestions has been answered by kevinarrows:
The issue is generally caused due to permissions. Most users are able to fix this by a repair install; but to be specific it needs to be checked.
Before you do a repair install; turn off / uninstall your anti-virus software.
See Repair Install stepsI say "be more specific" Repair/Install what?
I am NOT liking these answers!
Sincerely, ***** *****

here goes support documentation then detail what should be tried to fix that permission issue. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/968003

yourteqrepair
yourteqrepair
yourteqrepair, Computer Systems Analyst