Quiksilver07070
Quiksilver07070, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Install, Update, troubleshoot and remove all types of software
63493917

My computer lost my cd input and I can't find my disc. Can I

Customer Question

My computer lost my cd input and I can't find my disc. Can I buy a new Image manager software disc for my V69379 digital camera. Charles @ ********8. I don't want an appointment I just need an answer to my simply question and the price for the disc.
Category: Software
Expert:  Quiksilver07070 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, and welcome to JA.

The camera came with a CD which contained the VIVITAR EXPERIENCE IMAGE CENTER and the drivers for the camera.

You state you LOST this CD, and are no longer able to use the software? Is this correct?

If so, you may go to the below site to get the software again, but you will need the serial number to the camera.

http://www.vivitar-accessory.com/index.php

After you download and install from the above site, you will be good to go.

As far as getting a new CD from Vivitar, you cannot. They ONLY make the CD's for NEW products, and make available a download for ALL other current users......like you. Although, you could in theory, purchase another camera exactly like you have now, take the CD out, and make a copy, replact back in the box, and then return it for a refund. But I didn't tell you that.

Are you still needing help?

Did my Answer satisfy or resolve the issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I called Vivitar direct and they are sending me the info, so your answer didn't do any good. I entered my credit card info thinking I was paying for whatever the disc would cost.
What will you be charging me for for no help?

My goal is to provide excellent customer service, and provide the best possible answer to your question within reason.

I do apologize you had to call Vivitar directly to get the application CD sent to you via postal mail. However, the link I provided you, which takes you to the vivitar website and allows you to download the SAME application that is coming in the mail on a CD, would have saved you the time from calling vivitar. I have called vivitar in the past, and was told they do NOT send out the replacement CD's anymore. But I guess in this day in age, it depends on the CSR you speak to over the phone, and whether they even know all the rules. Again, my apologies for passing off wrong information, that was originally given to me as wrong information.

In the end, if you feel you HAVE NOT been satisfied by my answer, then you can request a refund through customer service.

Thank you.