technicalcat
technicalcat, Consultant
Experience:  20 years combined corporate and small business experience.
65369237

I am looking Gmail app or service that will allow automated

Customer Question

I am looking for a Gmail app or service that will allow automated marketing email campaigns. Canned responses are great, but can't automate follow up/timed emails. Thank you.
Category: Software
Expert:  caraleneK replied 2 years ago.

Hello. My name is***** will be providing an answer to your question today

Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. Please see this site with software https://zapier.com/learn/ultimate-guide-to-email-marketing-apps/best-drip-email-marketing-apps/ . Please let me know if you need more info . Waiting your feedback

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Very good informational page, BUT I am looking for a gmail integrated program/add on and not separate platforms as stated in the original question. Thanks.
Expert:  caraleneK replied 2 years ago.

Thanks for the feedback please look at the plugins to g-mail.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not what I am looking for. Please re-post if you don't mind. Thanks.
Expert:  technicalcat replied 2 years ago.

It sounds like you are looking for a delayed autoresponder.

Over the past several years, there have been at least one or two attempts at such applications. They were fairly expensive, and very buggy, as they were/are basically "spamming tools". I bought into one of them, and it never really worked very well.

There may be something out there that I haven't heard about, but I think the only way you could get a lightweight autoresponder for gmail, would be to move to using SMTP/POP or IMAP, and a mail client program such as outlook.

Generally speaking it would go something like this:

1. You create an account for the email you will use in Outlook
  2. Create a holiday response message in outlook for that account
  3. Set the time frame that your Outlook account should access your email account ... lets say every 20 min
  4. As a result Outlook will automatically access your email account download the messages and send a responds
  5. Thus the delay in the response time can be from none (for an email that just arrieved) to 20 min

Please disregard the offer for remote technical support. It was mistakenly sent. Thank you.