Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

I'm getting the following error message when I save a file

Customer Question
Hello I'm getting the following...
Hello I'm getting the following error message when I save a file in Photoshop CS6 from PSD to JPEG and later try to open the file (JPEG) again in Photoshop. This is the message: "Could not complete your request because an unknown or invalid JPEG marker type is found." Could you please help me? This error message is driving me crazy and I can't work. Thank you! My email is***@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
9/2/2015
Software technician: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

lets try something simple first .. Click File > Open, select your image file and choose 'open all readable documents'

If you still get the error. Then go to the folder where the JPeg is stored. Right click it, rename it to ( file name ) .psd

For file name, you can name it, or keep the same name, the key is changing the extension to .psd

Then try to open it with photoshop. Will it let you open the Jpeg file if you change its extension to PSD?

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.

Dustin, I'm going to have to stop for tonight and continue tomorrow. I'm sorry. I'll be here from about 5:00pm EST. Email me and let me know at what time we can resume. Thank you.Raul

HI Raul , Im not sure if you seen the suggestions I made in my last reply. Those should help.

Youre welcome to message me tomorrow as well. Anytime between 5 EST and 9 EST works for me. Later then that, and I may not respond till morning.

Even if you try the steps I suggested and they worked, please send a reply when you can to let me know the issue is solved.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Dustin, I'm sorry for not having contacted you earlier but prior commitments and a very heavy work schedule have kept me away from my computer at home. This afternoon and tomorrow I should have time. I did briefly look at the answer you sent me two days ago and have to tell you that Photoshop CS6 does not have a command: 'open all readable documents'. When I get home this afternoon I will try the second part of your receommendation: changing the file extension names and let you know.
There is something that I wanted to mention to you. I noticed that my card was charged the full amount of $48.00. According to the terms of your website which I accepted, the first $5.00 was to commit to have a technician look into my problem. Afterwards, according to your website, after I notified you that the solution you had offered had resolved my problem and I expressed to you my conformity to your recommendation, THEN you would charge the remaining $43.00. This did not happen in my case. The same day you charged the $5.00 you also charged the remaining $43.00. As far as I am concerned I was charged for services incomplete because I have not expressed to JustAnswer my conformity to the answer provided. The answer was provided, yes, that is correct, but I have not had the time to put your recommendation into effect to confirm if in fact the solution works. I respectfully ***** ***** my credit card be credited back with the $43.00 you charged until I confirm that the solution you offered works or until we troubleshoot the problem and resolve my problem. Then I will authorize you to charge the remaining $43.00. You need to return those $43.00 anyhow, because I intend to use another card to pay the remaining balance. I have already filed a dispute with my bank asking that those $43.00 be once again credited to my account based on the reasons I stated above. Until such time I tell JustAnswer that I am satisfied with the answer they provided, you are not authorized to charge me the remaining balance without even giving me the opportunity to see if your recommendation worked or not. When I confirm it works, then I will authorize the charge of the balance due.Thank you

I understand your concern, the company generally will pre authorize your payment method to ensure that a payment could be made, when warranted.

To be clear, I am not in control of billing, and I have no control over when or what you are charged. Rather then filing a bank dispute the quickest and simplest way to achieve a refund would be to use our refund request link. You can get to it from the page below.

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-can-i-request-refund

WIth that being said, once you have had time to try the file extension change, let me know the results.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Dustin, I wish to close out my problem question related with Photoshop CS6 and account with JustAnswer. I do not wish to pursue this matter any further. Thank you very much.Raúl E. Zayas
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist