Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

I have a new Canon G16 Powershot camera featuring Wifi

Customer Question

I have a new Canon G16 Powershot camera featuring Wifi connectivity to download photos. I have successfully linked the camera to my iPad and downloaded several pictures, but they are now pegs, not sitting among my earlier photos. How can I get photos across using the wifi so they end up among my pictures?
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Hi there and welcome

Can you tell me please what you mean with them being Pegs?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** your other question meaning Jpeg, please respond to me here.

This is normal that they are in Jpeg, and you should be able to open them.

What happens when you do?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I now cannot find them at all, actually, but they are certainly not among my "Photos", which is where I want them to be.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
  1. Launch the Settings app on your iPhone or iPad.
  2. Tap on Photos & Camera.
  3. Turn Off the option for Summarize Photos.

Tell me if you then see them please

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Not among Photos. Should I look somewhere else, or perhaps turn off the iPad and turn it back on?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

It should be in your photos collection. But you said Jpeg, so you did see them before right? If so, where?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That's what I do not now understand; I thought I had selected some, transferred them to the iPad, but not as "Photos", as Jpegs. Mystery now is, where are/were they? I will search the iPad again now ...
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

ok Jpegs are the photos, thats the format they are in

Transfer them again and let me know what then happens please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think they are in Canon Image Gateway - in the Cloud somewhere.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

Then you did not transfer them to the iPad, so they will not be on there.

Follow the steps on page 130 of the manual here

http://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/0/0300012370/01/psg16-cu-en.pdf

For connecting to a smartphone (same as for the iPad)

Remember to install the app Camera Window from the app store as this is needed.

Let me know the results please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, but cannot do so for an hour or so; will try to re-connect after that.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

ok, thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I now recall just how confusing I found this material when I was trying to do this some weeks ago. I installed Camera window only to be told I should have installed Camera Connect. Perhaps I still need to do that. I will now look at doing that, but my window for dealing with this is about to close and I may not get back to it until my weekend.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

you just do the instructions from page 130 on the manual I sent to you

If you follow this through step by step, it will work, you choose to send it to the cloud instead.

I have marked though this question to never close, so even if its on the weekend, any issues, just let me know here

No problem with this

If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.

And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will rate the service in due course, thanks, ***** ***** now at work and unable to progress the issue for a few dyas due to travel. Last night my time, the camera said it was uploading or downloadiding or transferring all 95 pictures - but none has arrived anywhere I can find them on my iPad. so problem not yet solved.I found the Canon manual almost unintelligible and it is a miracle I have got this far!
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

ok, let me know when you have time to spend on it. Remember, you need to carefully follow the steps on page 130 and we can do this together when you gave time,