Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  I have vast experience with configuring & repairing and utilizing software.Also worked in The US Army as A Network Switching Systems Operator/Controller
19897260

I am a Spotify customer and love Spotify but I am

Customer Question

my name is***** am a Spotify customer and love Spotify but I am experiencing problems I can not get on site because it shows on my phone premium paused update payment don't know why because my payment should be automatically be deducted and I know that my payment is always made. It showed on my phone to sign up for new account but I dont want to be charged double
Category: Software
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.

Welcome toJustanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you.

Even if your payment method is good, sometimes the payment processor of spotify will fail to deduct the payment.. At which point it would give you the error you are receiving.

First things first, lets change your password ***** this alone can sometimes trigger the account to work again.

https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/#!/article/change-password

Once you have changed to a new password. Sign in with the spotify app again.. Does it still say paused , update payment ? If so, then lets do this next.

https://support.spotify.com/us/learn-more/faq/?ref=in_top#!/article/change-payment-details

You can use the same card as long as its valid. But you still need to go through and re verify the expiration date and zip code on your card.. And then submit that payment method.

Once both steps are done, you shouldnt have any further issues. If you do, youre welcome to reply and I will assist you further as needed.

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent ( 5 stars ) selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.