Shefin, Software Support Specialist
Experience:  Working as Tech support specialist with a world famous computer manufacturer
15907069

Upgraded from W8.1 to W10. Touch pad left button much too

Customer Question

Upgraded from W8.1 to W10. Touch pad left button much too sensitive. No sensitivity adjustment in settings ???
Category: Software
Expert:  Shefin replied 2 years ago.

Hello!

Thank you for your question. I am Shefin and I look forward to helping you with your issue today.

I would suggest you download and install the latest Touchpad driver in order to get the sensitivity adjustment. Please let me know the exact make and model number of the computer, so that I can help you download the driver.

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's an HP Envy m6-n113dx. I have already gone to the website and down loaded the most current driver.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.

Have you tried opening Mouse properties from Control panel and changing the settings after installing the current driver?

Thank you.

S H E F I N

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I finally figured it out myself. Using an external mouse I first uninstalled the Synaptics driver and rebooted the system without a driver for the Touch Pad.. I then went to the HP website, and although it said to go to Windows Update to get the driver I ignored that instruction and downloaded the Synaptics driver from HP. The key is you must uninstall the old driver and reboot using an external mouse, and load the new driver from the HP site, not from Windows Update as instructed on the HP site.Please refund my payment.
Expert:  Shefin replied 1 year ago.
I am glad to hear that the issue has been resolved. I would suggest you contact our customer support to get a refund.
Thank you.
S H E F I N