Byron
Byron, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  12 years in operations at a large law firm supporting both retail and specialty applications.
13274453

Win 10, I used to have a homegroup. Win 10 now installed in

Customer Question

Win 10,
I used to have a homegroup. Win 10 now installed in 3 PCs. I keep getting the msg that a homegroup has been created on one of the PCs but cannot join. after looking for a while the ans comes back saying that there no longer appears to be a homegroup. How do I start over and create a new group as there does not appear to be a way
Category: Software
Expert:  Randy Computer Tech replied 2 years ago.
  1. Open HomeGroup by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Settings (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer up, and then clicking Settings), tapping or clickingChange PC settings, tapping or click Network, and then tapping or clicking HomeGroup.

2. Tap or click Create.

3. Select the libraries and devices you want to share with the homegroup.

4. To join a homegroup, follow these steps on the PC that you want to add to the homegroup:

5. Open HomeGroup by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Settings (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer up, and then clicking Settings), tapping or clickingChange PC settings, tapping or click Network, and then tapping or clicking HomeGroup.

6. Enter the homegroup password, and then tap or click Join.

Note

• If you don't see a space to enter a password, there might not be a homegroup available. Make sure that someone has created a homegroup, or you can create a homegroup yourself.

7. Select the libraries and devices you want to share with the homegroup.

8. Tap or click the control under Media devices if you want to allow devices on the network, such as TVs and game consoles, to play your shared content.

9. To join a homegroup, follow these steps on the PC that you want to add to the homegroup:

10. Open HomeGroup by swiping in from the right edge of the screen, tapping Settings (or if you're using a mouse, pointing to the lower-right corner of the screen, moving the mouse pointer up, and then clicking Settings), tapping or clickingChange PC settings, tapping or click Network, and then tapping or clicking HomeGroup.

11. Enter the homegroup password, and then tap or click Join.

Note

12. Select the libraries and devices you want to share with the homegroup.

13. Tap or click the control under Media devices if you want to allow devices on the network, such as TVs and game consoles, to play your shared content.

14.  

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately you didnt read the question properly.
I cant join the homegroup because Win cant find it although the msge suggests it has been created, hence my request to start over, but how ? See attached screen shot

try this please, go to Network on each of the computers, then click on connections, then click on the network, then make sure the discovery is on.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ph is fine but yr system will not let me enter our Ph No: +6475480945

Did the other computers have the discovery turned on?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no option under network to click on connection so I dont know about discovery but each pc is visable when network is clicked but thats no help with joining homegroup
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Found it. Under advanced sharing settings and yes it is turned on

okay, let me do a little more research on this issue and see if I can find a solution. I will get back to you soon. Thank you for your patience.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Heres another screen shot which shows the stupidity of MS answers. On the first hand yes you can join but no we cant find so go create a new one which you cant because one exsists and round and round we go
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I await you further advice

okay, did you try to create a homegroup on each of the computers and see if the others wold join.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have tried to create homegroup on all PCs but the answer is the same as indicated in my last screen shot
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have answered yr latest Q. I now await further from you
Expert:  Byron replied 2 years ago.
Hi. My name is***** be more than happy to help you over the phone?
No extra charge.