Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Software expert
50836188

How do I activate the "ask me anything" software 10?

Customer Question

how do I activate the "ask me anything" software for Windows 10?
Category: Software
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. Click on the search box next to the start menu, do not type anything setting cortana up should come up as soon as you click there. This page goes more in depth on how it works:
http://bgr.com/2015/08/05/windows-10-cortana-commands-tips-tricks/
If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no search box on my computer even though I have downloaded windows 10.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
To the right of the start menu there is a search web and windows box that is the box I am referring to. Here is a picture of it:
http://cdn5.howtogeek.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/ximg_54c7ce222f93b.jpg.pagespeed.ic.R3cIont9-G.jpg
It does not sat ask me anything until cortana is enabled. When disabled it says search web and windows.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my problem is that I have not been able in initiate the “ask me anything” apps for Windows 10. When asked for a response using “answer me” boxes, I am unable to respond because a reply box never appears. Can you help me?
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
Click on it but do not type anything at all.
If cortana is currently off typing nothing but clicking there will bring up a setup.
Follow the steps there to turn it on.
Ask it a question for example "Who is siri?" and click let's chat.
It will then give you an answer, it is not available for everything either although it claims to be.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I need a phone number I can call to further explain my problem.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.

Hi!

• To activate "Hey, Cortana," click in the search box located in the Taskbar.
  • When the Search window comes up, click on the Notebook icon on the left side of the window.
  • Next, click on the Settings icon.
  • There you'll find a button to enable Hey Cortana. Click on it to slide it to the On position.

You can now go about using your computer as you normally would, and whenever you need Cortana to perform a task, start by saying, "Hey, Cortana," followed by your command. I've found you have to continue with your command immediately after the activation prompt, instead of waiting for Cortana to load and indicate that it's listening.