Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

After many yrs of use and storage of hundreds of picture

Customer Question
(Photoshop Elements 6) I am...
After many yrs of use and storage of hundreds of picture (Photoshop Elements 6) I am unable tok bring up the program. I have no other problems with numerous other installed programs.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Forget it -- this is a circular program. I've essentially entered the same question at least 3 times. NO charge PLEASE!
If I'm charged you may be certain I'll protest. ***@******.***
8/5/2015
Software technician: Michael Hannigan, IT Expert replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

Are you certain that you are using version 6.? That is quite an old version of the software. The easiest way to tackle the problem would be to upgrade to the most recent version which will migrate your catalog to the current version of elements. If you are not ready to do that though there are some things you can do to troubleshoot the issue.

The tasks below require you to open the Elements Organizer Catalog Manager. To do so, use one of the following methods:

• Open the Elements Organizer, and then choose File > Catalog
  • Hold down the Shift key on your keyboard as you launch the Elements Organizer. Release the Shift key when the Catalog Manager window appears.

One of these should work to open the catalog organizer. If you are still unable to open it at this point, please let me know. If you are able to open and then perform these troubleshooting steps in the order I'm providing them. If one of them solve your problem, you do not need to proceed just stop at that point.

Optimize your catalog and rebuild its thumbnail cache

To reduce the amount of space that your catalog uses and improve its performance, use the Optimize function of the Catalog Manager. Optimizing also corrects problems with the way thumbnails appear in the Organizer.

• Make sure that Adobe Premiere Elements and the Photoshop Elements Editor are closed.

• Open the Catalog Manager.

• In the Catalog Manager, select the catalog that you want to optimize.

• Click Optimize.

This process takes time, especially if you have a large catalog. A dialog notifies you when your catalog and its thumbnail cache are optimized. Click OK to close this dialog.

Repair your catalog

Sometimes, such as after a power failure, your catalog file becomes damaged. To repair this damage, use the Repair function of the Catalog Manager.

• Open the Catalog Manager.

• In the Catalog Manager, select the catalog that you want to repair.

• Click Repair.

• When the Elements Organizer finishes checking your catalog for errors, select Re-index Visual Similarity Data and then click Repair or Repair Anyway.

This process takes time, especially if you have a large catalog. A dialog notifies you when your catalog is successfully repaired. Click OK to close this dialog.

Restore the most recent backup of your catalog, or create a catalog

Occasionally, a catalog becomes damaged in such a way that the Optimize and Repair functions cannot correct the problem.

If you have created a backup of your catalog, restore the most recent backup of your catalog. For instructions, see the Elements Organizer Help.

If you do not have a backup, create a catalog and reimport your photos and other media files.

To create a catalog:

• Open the Catalog Manager.

• In the Catalog Manager, click New.

• Type a name for this new catalog and then click OK. The Organizer opens with this new, blank catalog.

Michael Hannigan
        Michael Hannigan
        Michael Hannigan, IT Expert