Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

When trying to open the Citrix XenApp, I keep getting an

Customer Question
error message saying to find...
When trying to open the Citrix XenApp, I keep getting an error message saying to find an alternate path to a folder containing "ICAWebWrapper.msi"
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
8/3/2015
Software technician: Jess M., Computer Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
I am very sorry about your issues. Can you please tell me the exact error message that you are getting?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
The feature you are trying to use is on a network resource that is unavailable.""Click OK to try again, or enter an alternate path to a folders containing the installation package'ACAWebWrapper.msi' in the box below."

Thank you for writing back with that information.

First, try downloading the Citrix online plugin from the link below. After downloading it, install it on your computer. After the installation, close your web browser and then try to launch citrix again.

Here is the download link:

http://www.citrix.nl/English/SS/downloads/details.asp?downloadId=2304987&productId=186#top

Keep me posted with your results so that I can help you further.

Jess

It says there is a Citrix Online Plug In installed already and will not download.

Thank you for that information and I am very sorry about the persisting issues.

Can you please confirm if you can find the file named "CitrixOnlinePluginFull.exe"?

it is fully installed
Thank you for that confirmation.
The missing .msi file error that you are receiving is caused by ca corrupt installation. You need to locate this actual ICAWebWrapper.msi file so that you can point Citrix to it when you are prompted again.
However, the best way to get a good copy of this ICAWebWrapper.msi files is by using the "CitrixOnlinePluginFull.exe" itself. No, you do not need to run it to reinstall. Instead, you need to EXTRACT the contents of that "CitrixOnlinePluginFull.exe" file. That EXE file is actually an executable compressed file so what you need to do is to simply extract its contents and stop there, no need to run the installation.
To do this, you need at least 7Zip or WinRar to do the extraction. Do you have any of those tools? (7-Zip or WinRar)
No, I do not have those applications
Ok, so I suggest that you download and install the free (evaluation) copy of WinRar.
Here is the link:
http://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
Download the 5.3 beta version as it is the latest. Install it then let me know.
How is it going? Were you able to download and install WinRar?
After installing WinRar, you just need to right click on the CitrixOnlinePluginFull.exe file then select the option "Extract to CitrixOnlinePluginFull\"
Then the contents will be extracted and a new folder called "CitrixOnlinePluginFull" will be created. Inside that folder is the missing file. When you are prompted with the error, navigate and point it to the location of the "ICAWebWrapper.msi" file.
Keep me posted.
Jess
Now I get "Citrix online plug-in Configuration Manager: No value could be found for (AllowHotKey) that satisfies all lockdown requirements. The lockdown requirements in force may be conflicting.
Would it be easier to just "UnInstall the program and re download it again?
I just uninstalled the old one and installed again and it works fine.

Thank you for writing back and I am glad that it is working fine now. Yes, the uninstall process after the manual override of the ICAWebWrapper.msi file can fix the problem.

I hope that helped.
Please remember to rate my service positively (3-5 stars/faces) if this helped. Tips are always highly appreciated!

Thank you for using our service. If you need assistance in the future, you can request me any time by posting a new question starting with "For Jess M" so that I can assist you immediately.

Best regards,
Jess

Jess M., Computer Support Specialist