Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

I have xitel inport software why doesn;t it work on windows

Customer Question
i have xitel inport software why...
i have xitel inport software
why doesn;t it work on windows 7
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
7/22/2015
Software technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 2 years ago
Richard, Software Specialist
Hi there and welcomeWindows 7 does not require any software to use the device as it uses the built in drivers, which is why the software is not made for it.Can you tell me the issue you are having with the device please?
are you going to call me,now ???
how long do i have to wait
No, I work only online as it is not helpful for these types of problems I can connect to your computer and see what is occurring if you wish as this is more effective and have made this request to you
what do i have to do to make my software work on windows7
I sent you this message, which I do not think you saw?Windows 7 does not require any software to use the device as it uses the built in drivers, which is why the software is not made for it.Can you tell me the issue you are having with the device please?
it worked when i had windows xp,and not on windows7
are you seeing any of my messages at all?
yes,i just want to know what to do
i don't want tp purchase another software
i want to use the one i have
"yes,i just want to know what to do"What you need to do is read my messages and reply to me on them please.....I will again repeat itWindows 7 does not require any software to use the device as it uses the built in drivers, which is why the software is not made for it.Can you tell me the issue you are having with the device please?
it does not record or rip music
what should i do
What happens when you try to record or rip music with it?Was it detected by windows when you plugged it in?
not at all
no response
ok, this is why it is not working, it needs to be detected so we need to see why this is the case.I want to ensure the device is still working.If you plug it into another computer now, is it detected?
i don't have any other computer
ok, can you then plug it into another USB port on the computer and check if it is then detected.Try on each USB port on the computer please.Let me know the results
i downloaded the disc,but the recorder does not work
can you then plug it into another USB port on the computer and check if it is then detected.Try on each USB port on the computer please.Let me know the results
i am not going throuh any usb port
how are you connecting it to the computer then?
i am loading the disc
looks like you can't help me
ok, as I keep saying, the software is not needed for windows 7. you need to connect the device to a USB port on your computer, else it has no way to communicate with your computer. Then windows 7 will automatically install
ok how do i download it through a usb port
it is a software program
goes directly to my pc
Its a device, this is the device.http://www.amazon.com/Xitel-INport-Deluxe-Record-Computer/dp/B000HE7M3MThe software is only for windows xp computers, so the device can work with it.With windows 7 you need to just use the device on the link I gave you.
what device ,did you give me
the Xitel device used for recording, that the software is made for (its the same company)
how do i contact that company
via the link I gave, you purchase it directly from there and it allows you to do the recording on windows 7http://www.amazon.com/Xitel-INport-Deluxe-Record-Computer/dp/B000HE7M3M
i want to use the disc that i have
your telling me to purchase a new one
can't you send me a phone number to call them
The disc you have does not work on windows 7 as you see, but you need a device for the software to interface with, which is why you have to get the device I mention. I am not deciding on this, Xitel does.They have no phone number (Chinese company) only the email address***@******.***
ty very much
wis you could've helped me
i'm not going to purchase a new one
you have nothing mor to say???
I understand, but please do not shoot the messenger, I can only tell you the reality of the situation and with this device, they force this upgrade to actually get the device.
sorry for the delay was typing up the response.
But I can only tell you the reality of the situation, I see your really annoyed with me and I am sorry about this, but hope you can see I cannot change what they have done
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. else if you can take a second to rate my service (you are rating my service, not the product or website) by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Richard, Software Specialist