Russell H., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Proud to have been getting computer technicalities into working order since 1988.
13568747

I am confused regarding use of Tokens......please

Customer Question

I am confused regarding use of Tokens......please explain......thanx
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
In brief summary, Tokens are either
- 1: game 'pieces' with some sort of value, virtual or other.
- 2: a token used in a network, that is passed from one client to another, in a token-passing or token-sharing scheme. examples are: Token-Ring, a star-topology network once extensively used, or such things as session tokens, access tokens, security tokens, invitation tokens, etc.
Token-Ring networks have become defined in the IEEE 802.5 standard.
A common type of session token, is a session identifier, or session ID. It is used to identify a series of data exchanges known as a session. It is not identical with a login, since its duration might be quite brief, minutes or hours.
(If you need further explanation, or more specific(s), just let me know. If this completes the case as far as you are concerned, please rate my Answer. Thanks.)
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was on the web site SENIOR PEOPLE MEET & desired to ask a question specifically pertaining to that web site ....again,I intended to ask a question pertaining to that site.......somehow your screen appeared....I assumed YOU represented SENIOR PEOPLE MEET ...I do NOT desire technical support of any nature, but simply a question pertaining to "personal tokens" for use on SENIOR PEOPLE MEET.....I hope I am entitled to an $18 rebate from PayPal..........thanks.
It is true that I do not represent Senior People Meet in any way.
And I cannot advise you about tokens on that website or issued by that website.
I must apologize for having given you a wrong answer, and I shall pass your request on to Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, which will no doubt process it with reasonable promptness.
Thank you for bringing your question to us here at JustAnswer.com. Please feel welcome to return at any time to ask another question in any one of our various categories.