Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

I am importing a table with 25 columns. I expanded the margins

Customer Question

I am importing a table with 25 columns. I expanded the margins on the page to fit all 25 columns. Wordperfect X6 only displays 20 columnhs. the 5 to the right are all squeezed together. How do I get all 25 columns to display and print?
Category: Software
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,To create new columns: 1. Click a page.2. Click Format Columns.3. Type a value in the Number of columns box.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That did not work. I am importing a text file with 25 columns. Each column is of varying width depending on how many characters are in the cell. All of the columns are present, but the last 4 to the right are blocked from appearing by what looks like a margin. I the margin appears to be associated with the table. There is plenty of room on the page as I set the page margins at .25. So there is 8" across on the page where the table could print. However, the table stops at about 6" across and fails to display or print the four right most columns. If I was creating a new table from scratch your solution would work. I am importing a numerical comma delimited text file. It seems like there should be a right margin setting for the table but I cannot find it.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Can you create a new table as per my instructions and then import the text file into it?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
That worked to a point. Now I have only 1 character per cell per row. Cells have from 1 to 4 characters per cell. I am using 7 point font so it will fit with page margins extended. Is there a way to get it to print each cell horizontally instead of vertically? Vertical printing does not work for me.Thank you.
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Try changing the page to landscape:
1. Select the Format option on the Menu Bar,
2. Select Page from the Drop Down Menu,
3. Select Page Setup from the Sub-Menu
To set the page to landscape, click on the Size tab and select the Landscape button.
To divide the page into columns, select the Divide Page tab and enter the number of columns.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I tried landscape as you suggested. It printed exactly the same as portrait. Plenty of blank unused space it could print on.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
Are you trying to print this 25-column table with blank cells? Or do you need to fill out the cells before printing?
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
They are filled with up to 4 characters. I moved the page margins to .25" so there is room.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for that information. Are you using Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8 or a Mac?Also, can I remotely access your computer so that I can directly help you in fixing this layout problem while you watch?Remote access is an optional additional service offer with a minimal one-time flat fee ($15) regardless of how long it will take me to fix the problem. We can resume any time without additional cost. It is safe as you will be watching your screen and we can chat right there, and it will be a faster mode of help.Please let me know if you want this remote option.Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am using Windows 8. I am not so sure about remote access. I do not see why it is helpful.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back. Remote access is helpful since I can directly check the problem with your layout and perform fixes when needed as compared to just providing procedures.
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just can't afford an extra $15. I am on a fixed income.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Plus I won't be home for a few hours
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back and I understand your concern. I am willing to help you with this issue remotely and we can waive the fee. However, I only have 90 minutes left for my work and I will be signing off after that. Then I will be back at work after 8 to 10 hours. That will be 10 to 12 hours from now. If we can do the remote session within the 90 minutes from now, it will be good. Just let me know. Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I won't be home for about 2 hours. We can try tonight in 10-12 hours.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back. Yes, we can do this in 10 to 12 hours from now. No need to reply to this, I will be in touch with you during that time (10 to 12 hours from now). Best regards,Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
What happened? I never heard back from you.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
I am up now and for the next hour. We can do teh remote session now if you are available.To join me in the remote session, please click on this link:http://www.justanswer.com/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=9b7fda6d-15c3-413e-96cc-5b83e5242a5aClick on the green Agree button and download the remote access tool. Then double click on the downloaded file to join me in the remote session.Thank you.Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am out for 6 hours. Can we do it in 6 hours?
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Maybe 8 hours? I might not be online 6 hours from now....maybe 8 hours from now...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
8 hours is fine. Just send me a message.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I will.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, please let me know when are you available for the remote session...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I was available last night as we agreed. I waited 4 hours for you. I cancelled my service since you are not available when I am.
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for writing back and I am very sorry about that. I must have advised you to contact me first since when you post a reply here, I will be notified through email so I will then be able to get back to you immediately when I am online.I am really sorry about it and I just hope I can make it up with you in some ways.Regards,Jess