Pete, Computer Expert
Experience:  CISCO certified computer and networking expert
30970729

I am having a problem with my revit file. I completely

Customer Question

I am having a problem with my revit file. I completely lost the model and all floorplans from it, the only thing left on it are text, model lines, detail lines, and etc..
I have been using save as to save the file because it was connected to a synchronized file which is not even being used let alone finding where it is. What do you think it could be and how can I get my model back, I tried copying the model from an older file but it didn't copy.
Thanks,
Mike g
Category: Software
Expert:  Pete replied 2 years ago.
Hello Mike,
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
If you have a backup copy of the Revit file then you can open it:
1. Open the software>from the ribbon go to the Collaborate tab>then to Restore Backup.
2. Revit will ask you whether to recover the .rvt file from the backups. Click Yes.
3. Navigate to where the central file is stored. You will see a folder with the central files name_backup.
4. Click once on the backup folder then click the Open button.
You will now get a list of times when the backup was saved periodically throughout the day.
5. Click Save As and navigate to a location to save the recovered file, and verify you are able to open it successfully. If you are not you may need to go through the previous steps to find an older save backup file.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks..I figured out it was the workset settings...restore backup wasn't working