Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  12+ years experience. Expert in installing and problem fixing of softwares.
50064670

We have been unable to access our wordpress website. We go

Customer Question

We have been unable to access our wordpress website. We go to the forgot password ***** and request a new passwork to be emailed to the nominated email address but get no response. This has happened several times and as such cannot access our website to update.
Category: Software
Expert:  Russell H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Do you know how to use phpMyAdmin ? if so, there is a way to use it to reset your password ***** a known value. But, your site sounds as if it is simply 'down'... as if the password ***** and the reset password ***** are both non-operational. This, most especially, if the 'forgot password' button has no response whatever (as opposed to, it looks like it all works as it should, but no email is received. PS: Also check in your Spam folder! that's where important but unusual emails often go. If the password ***** emails are there, use only the last of them.) If the reset password ***** simply does not respond, or does not bring up the usual response, that's a matter of some vital processes on your site's server host being inoperative. Try contacting your site's web service hosting co. about this, asking whether anything might be (or, have been, if that was some hours ago) wrong with the site's server functions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Firstly, the "forgot password" button does respond. It looks like it works as it should, but no email is received.
I feel like someone has changed the email address linked to the account and therefore the emails for a "password *****" are not coming to my inbox.
It has been like this for over 1 month.
We did have a malware problem about 7 months ago but a backup was restored by the hosting firm and the problem fixed.
Secondly, I don't know how to use phpMyAdmin.
Also check in your Spam folder! that's where important but unusual emails often go. If the password ***** emails are there, use only the last of them.
Sometimes important emails are sorted differently, unexpectedly, into a different folder or category. Could that have happened in this case?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No - already checked spam an junk mail folders - definitely not there.
I regret to have to say, that I have run out of ideas as to what to suggest, and have Opted Out, opening the question/case to any Expert in this category.
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 2 years ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for givingus an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please rememberthese things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than onestep/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are notsatisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service,but please Reply back to me by clicking the “ContinueConversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladlycontinue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100%Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer,if you are not satisfied. Do you know the hosting control panel login details ? If so I fix your problem. RegardsJins