Josh, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  Software expert
50836188

I use Kindle and like to select passages, copy them

Customer Question

I use Kindle for PC and like to select passages, copy them and them paste into a word document. I used to be alble to do it in the previous Kindle for PC version but cannot in the recently updated version. Where can I find a previous version to reinstall?
Category: Software
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi! Unfortunately, the older versions are not available for download.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It turns out that I have now found a couple of sites that have the previous versions for download. I will try them.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Please be careful on sites that claim to have downloads. A majority of the sites are filled with malware.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It was a clean download

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
I am glad to hear that!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I still want to know how to use the Kindle PC to select, copy and then paste to a word doc.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
You mentioned downloading and installing the older version of Kindle desktop that you were able to copy/paste previously with. Did you download and run the old version but still cannot copy/paste?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

correct.

Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Do you copy and paste by right clicking on the text and selecting copy? If yes, try highlighting the passage and pressing CTRL and C together on the keyboard then try pasting into a Word document by pasting CTRL and V or right click and select paste