Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I still have the WordPerfect program installed but it won't…

Customer Question
I still have the WordPerfect...
I still have the WordPerfect program installed but it won't launch. It's so old I don't even know the serial number.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Software
6/28/2015
Software technician: Dustin, Computer Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Dustin, Computer Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. Before I can suggest how to get the program working.. We must identify the program. How did you install it. From floppy disks, from a download, from a cd? If it was from a floppy disk or a cd, whats it say on them exactly. If it was from a download, where did you download it from, and whats the exact name of the downloaded file?
Probably with a disk.
If I had the CD Or disk I would have reinstalled it.
So do you have a solution now?
When you responded nearly 7 hours later, I was off shit and most likely asleep. Ive just started my shift today and seen your message. If the problem begin recently, in the last few days, in the last two weeks.. Then this repair will fix the problem. Click start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore..Click, restore my computer to an earlier pont, then click next..We want to choose a restore point that was at least one day before the issues started..Carry out the restore. the computer will restart, then let me know if that fixed the issue or not.. If the issue begin before 2 weeks ago, a system restore may not be viable. Instead, we probably need to repair install or repair the program. Have you tried going to your control panel, programs and features, then clicking on the word perfect program in the uninstall list, and then clicking change / modify / repair. And starting a repair installation? Thats worth trying if the system restore does not work. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent submitted below this answer when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.