Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

I can't reset my password ***** messenger. It no longer lets

Customer Question
me have a code sent...
I can't reset my password ***** messenger. It no longer lets me have a code sent to my cell phone.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
6/25/2015
Software technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 2 years ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Please confirm if you want to reset the password ***** Yahoo! Messenger or for another Messenger?
Thanks,
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I paid almost $100 to have problems resolved about a month ago. It was someone that yahoo directed me to. Now this happens. I am not very happy with yahoo.
Are you here?
I am here.
Please type your Yahoo! ID here and I will check for available password ***** options.
I want to reset my yahoo messenger password. Can you set it up so I can have a code sent to my cell phone so I can reset my pass word? It doesn't allow that any more.
My yahoo id is:***@******.***.
Thanks!
I will check that Yahoo! ID now. Please hold on...
Are you able to access your Yahoo! e-mail address now?
Yes
It is mainly messenger that I can't log into.
OK, that is good since the same password ***** ***** for both Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger.
Please type the same password ***** Yahoo! Messenger and let me know what exactly happens.
It keeps telling me that the password ***** *****
Why doesn't it have the option of having a code sent to my cell phone any more?
Please type only glzeno in the Yahoo! ID box, and use the same password.
Let me know what happens.
Same thing
In that case, let's change the password. I will provide the instructions now.
Ok
Please do the following to change your Yahoo! ID password:
1. Click on the link below and sign in to the Yahoo! account you want to change the password *****
Link:
http://edit.yahoo.com/config/change_pw
2. The page will ask you to type a new password ***** then to re-type it
3. When done, click on the Continue button
4. Once the password ***** been changed, it will affect both Yahoo! Mail and Yahoo! Messenger
Let me know if you were able to sign in using the new password.
It goes to sign in, not change password.
You said you could access the Yahoo! Mail, so type the password ***** to sign in, and then you will be able to change it.
My emails come up, but, I can't do much of anything. It doesn't let me delete emails, etc.
Reseting password *****'t show up on emails. Also, I have never been asked for id or password ***** emails only messenger.
OK.
Please do the following:
Click on this link:
https://login.yahoo.com/account/security
Click on the "Account security" section if not already there. There click on "Add recovery phone number" and add your phone number.
Let me know if you were able to do that.
It went to sign in. I didn't direct me to account security
You will need to sign in to make those changes. Please try with all the passwords you can think of.
It isn't allowing me to sign in, no matter what I do.
Is there anyway you can get me in and we go from there?
OK, this is definitely a password ***** and you will need to reset it.
Here is how to reset the Yahoo! ID password:
1. Click on this link:
https://edit.yahoo.com/forgotroot
2. Leave the "I have a problem with my password ***** I am not able to receive a password ***** my phone" option selected and click Next
3. Enter your Yahoo! ID and click Next
4. The available password ***** options will be displayed
Do you recognize the e-mail address shown there (g*********@yahoo.com)?
It keeps sending me to password ***** with 2 accts I don't use any more.
Since you haven't updated the account recovery options to include new alternative e-mail addresses or phone number you used, the only way of resetting the current password ***** be to contact Yahoo! support.
Have you already done that?
I was trying to do that. I ended up here.
OK.
I checked the all the options for your Yahoo! ID and, unfortunately, I cannot reset the password ***** you.
Here are the instructions on how to contact Yahoo! support:
1. Click on this link:
https://io.help.yahoo.com/contact/index?page=contact&locale=en_US&y=PROD_ACCT
2. As Topic, select "Password ***** sign in"
3. As Sub-topic, select "Forgot my password"
4. Enter your Yahoo! ID in the box on the right, and click Submit
5. Under the "We're here to help!", you can select to e-mail or to call Yahoo! support. I suggest you to call them, so click on "Call Us" and you will see the correct phone number
Wait until the Yahoo! representative answers your call. Explain that you cannot reset the password ***** you no longer use the e-mail addresses used for password ***** Once they confirm you are the owner of the account, they will reset the password ***** you.
Regards,
Hi again!
I am following up with you to see if you have called the Yahoo! support already? If so, were they able to reset the password ***** your Yahoo! account?
Hi!
Were you able to read my messages sent to you?
IT Miro, Computer Scientist