Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Have win 8.1 laptop with Rosetta Stone version

Customer Question
hey there... have win 8.1...
hey there... have win 8.1 laptop with Rosetta Stone version 3 loaded
it does not start without getting an administrator password ***** approval to make changes to the computer... any thoughts? Installed under admin, running under user without admin
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Software
6/18/2015
Software technician: dresteve2000, Computer Engineer replied 3 years ago
dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Computer Engineer
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question!Pretty strange that it would continue to ask for admin password, where did you obtain the version of Rosetta Stone? Could be a few things happening..one thought is that it might be trying to apply updates and needs admin rights
Purchased it from Barnes & Noble New. It has been installed and 'works' but is requiring the admin rights every run... it is not doing updates and Rosetta Stone does not even support version 3 anymore, so there are no updates to install
I see..thanks for that info. Could you try uninstalling it and installing it again?
Otherwise you could do this as a workaround: Bypass UAC for specific programs in Windows 8.1
That will take hours... joys of crappy windows 8. I doubt that this will fix, as this has been running.
Does the runschedule task need to be created as admin and then desktop icon on user?
Yes, exactly.
Please let me know if that doesn't work
No luck.. get access is denied on execution of the scheduled task
Hm...under the non-admin profile right
Have you considered disabling UAC ?