Jason Jones, Computer Technician
Experience:  10+ years of work experience.
30759776

I may have inadvertently sent my Facebook file to my sister

Customer Question

I may have inadvertently sent my Facebook file to my sister (who is a Jehovah's Witness) Oops! There are some messages that I would not like her to see of a sexual nature. What should I do - she is planning a trip down to see me which can only mean one thing. Thank you.
Category: Software
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

I am a licensed network professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
I am sorry, but there is not much that you can do. If you delete your account or even block her on Facebook, the messages will still be readable by her. One possibility is to send another message and apologize for any possible messages that were sent out due to your account being hacked. Often times, when an account is hacked, such types of messages are sent out as a scam to all the hacked account's friends.
I have a friend who was in your same predicament and how he dealt with it was the same way I suggested above. He just told his friends that the message was sent by some script or something when his account was hacked. Most people will think nothing of it and just think that it was a hacked/scam type of message.
I will be standing by.
Thank you,
Jason