Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

Ive locked myself out of my gateway like a lame.

Customer Question
ive locked myself out of my gateway like a lame.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Software
6/11/2015
Software technician: Richard, Software Specialist replied 3 years ago
Richard, Software Specialist
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
This is to sign into windows correct? On the Login screen?
yes
you there rich
Thank you
We will try this to see if it allows it
Tun off the computer
Turn on the computer and keep tapping F8 until you get to a menu.
Choose Safe Mode with Command Prompt.
You will get to a screen where you can type.
Type in
net user /add Nicki cena30
Press enter. If you do not get an error (tell me if you do), then type in
net localgroup administrators Nicki /add
Press enter
Restart the computer and you can now log in with this new account.
Once you have, click Start, Computer.
Click on C Drive, then click on the User Folder.
All the files from the old user account you can access and use from here.
Let me know the results please
im on it.............
Thank you
hey rich no joy.....my number is7076557307. give me a call, ill be at my desk all night
Ok, you have three options here which I will list out. As this is security, there is no simple solution, but any of these three options will work, it will just depend on how commfortable you feel doing them.
1)Reinstall the computer. This means you reinstall windows but lose all your data on the computer. It is not ideal, but the easiest way to do this. For this option, do the following
Turn on the computer. After the Gateway BIOS logo appears, repeatedly press the F8 key. The Advanced Boot Options menu opens.
On the Advanced Boot Options screen, use the arrow keys to select Repair your Computer, and then press the ENTER key.
In the System Recovery Options dialog box, select the appropriate keyboard layout, and then click Next.
In the System Recovery Options window, select Recovery Manager.
In the Gateway Recovery Center window, click Next.
In the Gateway system recovery window, select Full factory recovery.
In the All data will be lost window, select Yes, and then click Next.
The Windows partition is formatted and Windows is installed.
In the Recovery is complete window, click Finish.
In the System Recovery Options window, select Restart.
The computer restarts.
Windows prepares to start for the first time. This may take a few minutes.
You then set up the computer again and it will then be functional
2) Take it to a computer store, have them take out the hard drive and copy out your data to another disk. Then the reinstall can be done per my previous instructions, and you wont lose your data. Programs you have to install again.
3) This is the most complex solution, but it will mean you will not lose your data or programs and can do this yourself
Save this file to your computer
Click Me to download
After downloading the ZIP file, locate it and double-click on it. Select "Extract All." Extract the files to the same folder the ZIP file is in.
The .ISO file is a CD image file used to create a bootable CD. The file must be burned as a bootable CD - not as a data file - to a CD. If you don't know how to do this, the simplest method is to download the freeware ISO burner at the link below:
http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm
Choose the appropriate version for your system (at present, version 3.1 for Windows Vista and Windows 7.) Download the installation file to a convenient folder. After downloading it, right-click on the file and select "Install." Now go back to the .ISO file, right-click on it, and select "Copy image to CD."
After burning the bootable CD, put it in your problem computer and restart the computer. Tap anykey to have the disk load.
Follow the instructions given on the screen to change the password ***** the target account.
This video shows you how to do the instructions I explained
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWnV5SM7iS0
After completing the reset procedure, remove the CD from the drive and restart the system. The password ***** the target account is now set to whatever you chose.
You will have to do one of these three options to get access to the computer again.
If you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
NO.... Thank You Richard.... Wish me luck im goin in
Good luck!
Let me know how you go please