Jess M., Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Computer Software Support specialist for more that 10 years
49766785

Trying to solve an equation in OpenOffice Calc.Specifically

Customer Question

Trying to solve an equation in OpenOffice Calc.
Specifically I'm trying to get Calc to suggest a value closest to 100% based on a 3 different sets of variables (don't know how to describe it better without showing the spreadsheet).
Category: Software
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, welcome and thank you for your question. My name is ***** ***** I am glad to assist you today.
Can you please send me a dummy of your Calc file so that I can directly check your data and give a solution? You can attach the Calc file here when you reply using the paper clip icon, or you can upload the file to http://filesXpress.com and then give me the short download link so that I can get your sample file.
Please let me know so that I can help you further.
Best regards,
Jess
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
http://filesxpress.com/d-d9c15f3bI'm need to calculate the orange row.
I need a formula to calculate what the optimal ingredient weight is so that E6, E7 and E8 all approximate 100% as closely as possible.Thanks
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for the sample file. I got the file, please give me a moment to understand your requirements. I will get back to you shortly.
Best regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jess M. replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your patience. Please give me some time to figure out the formulas as this is a very complex computation. However, let me opt out so that my fellow experts can assist you further as I continue to build a formula for you. You will be notified when my fellow experts join you here. If no one picks this up, I will continue to assist you with this problem.
Regards,
Jess
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 2 years ago.

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
I look forward to resolving this coding issue for you.
May I ask for you to elaborate on what exactly the tables in the spreadsheet mean and where do the number values come from?
Thank you,
Jason
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm looking to calculate what the optimal balance of ingredients is to get the ratio of carbs/fat/protein to be balanced the way I want it, without going over in calories.
Column G,H,I row 13-15 lists how much carb/protein/fat each respective ingredient has per 100grams of weight.
Column C row 12-15 list that the desired amount of total calories is 1700, and the the desired distribution rate of those calories should be 10% on carbs, 30% on protein, 60% on fat.
Column C row 6-8 reflects that, given this desired calorie amount, and given the desired percentage distribution, the optimal amount of calories for each item should be 170 carbs, 510 protein, 1020 fat respectively.
Row 4 lists a weight in each ingredient, and is completely random and not necessary. I added it to see if the calulations in column G, H, I worked. With row 4 and the below listed values per 100 grams, it calculates that if you use that weight of ingredient, then the total amount of carbs/fat/protein would be the number displayed in G, H, I 6-8.
Column F adds up the numbers in row 6-8 respectively.
Column E calculates that given the totals listed in F, the achieved percentage of the desired amount of calories (listed in C) is x% of total.
Row 4 can be deleted, and I want instead to have G, H, I 6-8 to calculate of row 5 (recommended weight).
I want the spreadsheet to calculate what the optimal weight in each ingredient should be, to get the values in E 6, 7, 8 as close to 100% as possible.
Basically, I want it to output: use x grams of ingredient A, y grams of ingredient B, z grams of ingredient C, and than the total calories will be a%, b%, c% of the desired level for each respective ingredient , with a, b and c each approximating 100% as closely as possible.
Thank you for the clarification.
I will not be able to complete this for you.
For this reason, I am opting out of the question and allowing another expert the chance to help.
The next expert will see all that is on this page, so there will be no need to repeat anything.
When another expert picks this up, you will be notified by email.
Thank you for your patience.
- Jason
Expert:  xiaqin replied 2 years ago.
This is Qin. Are you still looking for the solution? please let me know and I can help you on that.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I am. I'll mark it solved when I don't need an answer anymore.