Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Field. MCSE, ICCP. Software Integration and Deployment Expert
23511658

I used msflxgrd a few years ago - primarily as a visual display

Customer Question

I used msflxgrd a few years ago - primarily as a visual display of scheduling options. Now with a 64 bit OS and VBA 7,1 MS-Access I cannot get the OCX to register. I have registered 6.0 in the "Tools" but when trying to put control on a form I get "doesn't support this ActiveX ..."
Help would be greatly appreciate
Category: Software
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. To do this, you'll have to make sure that you have that library included in your project. So in what I'm assuming you're using which is Visual Studio, go to the include and include the library under which the ActiveX control exists. If it's just with a precompiled application, then you can reregister the file as followsLet’s try un-registering and re-registering mscomctl.ocx file and then, check for the issue. a. Click on the "Start" menu, click on All programs, click on Accessories.b. Right-click on "Command Prompt" and select "Run as administrator" from the menu. After acknowledging the User Account Control warning, type the following commands (one at a time): • regsvr32 /u C:\windows\system32\mscomctl.ocx• regsvr32 C:\windows\system32\mscomctl.ocx c. Close command prompt.d. Check for the issue. And likewise for the 64-bit versions. Mike