Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

I had a development project that was built on Adobe Flex, Adobe…

Customer Question
I had a development project...
I had a development project that was built on Adobe Flex, Adobe Cold Fusion, MySQL and ODBC in a Window 7 Ultimate environment. Since Adobe Flex has been retired and replaced by Apache Flex and Flash Builder, I am lost. I need to know, in detail, how to create an Apache Flex environment and porr my application to the new environment. I want detailed step-by-step instructions, including the URLs of sites necessary to get the proper downloads. Instructions such as "download and install Flash Builder are too vague. If you an assist me please let me know when this could be done and the fee.
Thank you,
Lionel Bentkower ***@******.***
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Software
5/30/2015
Software technician: Michael Hannigan, IT Expert replied 3 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. You know what version of Adobe flex and ColdFusion you used for the initial development? I can definitely help you set up the environment. I can also assist you with the port of your development. But as you know, that part will rely heavily on you as the original developer. But I can guide you on that.
Hello Michael, Thank you for your response. I am certainly looking forward to you help. The version of Flex was 2.0. The version of Cold Fusion was 8. I have the MXML and Action Script 3 files.
Thank you
Can you please upload those files for me to access? You can attach them here or just put them up anywhere where you can give me a link like wikisend.com.
Hi Michael,
I might be able to provide you with something but they are confidential and proprietary. Please advise why you need them to help me create a new environment.
Because you are asking me to help you port application. I can't port an application that I don't have and have never seen.
Hi Mike,
Thank you for the explanation. I would prefer not to let the source code out of my strict control. If I just provided the MXML and Action Script for the login function, along with the related SQL tables, would that be enough for you set-up the new environment and do a sample port?.
I'm afraid I have no way to work on it if I am not allowed to see the source code that's being ported. However, I will open the question to other experts with the hope that they may be able to somehow help you with out needing to see the source.
Mike,
What if we forget about the porting and you just focus on instructing me on setting up the new environment? I want to be able to use Apache Flex, Adobe Flash Builder, MySQL, ODBC and Cold Fusion. I am trying to describe a very vanilla environment. Unless you know differently, I'll assume my existing code modules and data-bindings will work.
Regards