Richard Hall
Richard Hall,
Experience:  Chief Information Officer at Spectrum Contracting Serv.
77993500

Richard, me again. So I google mapped it, and the Holiday

Customer Question

Hi Richard, me again. So I google mapped it, and the Holiday Inn is about 0.2 miles from the restaurant. You mentioned 2700 ft., but it looks more like 1000 ft. Could the GPS/IPhone finder have been off by that much? Especially after it had already pinpointed
him accurately at the restaurant? Remember, it's in a city with tall buildings. Thank you again.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard Hall replied 2 years ago.
Without knowing the street layout and etc.. I could not say 100%, but that being said, 1000ft. is being lenient for being a device error.The 2700 ft is just a block average. All in all, it depends on many factors, city layout, provider equipment etc...But based upon the facts I've been presented I would say border line (giving the reasonable doubt) but if i were to bet my , mortgage would have to say that phone traveled. Thanks,Richard
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok, thank you. I will try calling the hotel. But I know he didn't pay for dinner, and probably not the hotel either so it's his word against 4 other tech guys (who all say he's lying). Thank you for your time.
If you really want to take the guess work out of it, go to the location and see how it tracks your phone.That will pretty much give you the final answer you need. Thanks and good luck,Richard
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I actually already did that. It tracked me just fine, with a radius of about a half-block. My husband says that's bc I intentionally tracked myself so it was more accurate. He says his phone was idle in his pocket so me tracking him would've been less accurate (e.g., a radius of 3 blocks).
Thank you again, I really appreciate it. Although he'll never admit to it.
You are welcome Good luck! Richard