Richard, Software Specialist
Experience:  Over 15 year experience in Computers, Mobile devices and Networks
32989067

How can I get my Paperport 9 Deluxe to install properly on

Customer Question

How can I get my Paperport 9 Deluxe to install properly on my Windows 8.1 computer? I have licensed copies of Paperport Standard ver.11 and Ver. 12, both of which work on my Win 8.1 computer.
Category: Software
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
It wont work on windows 8 as you need to have version 14 an above.
But we have potentially another solution. Do you have a windows 7 computer available?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Telling me what I already knew is not an answer. My objective is to run Paperport 9 Deluxe on my Windows 8.1 PC. Paperport 11 and Paperport 12 both work on Windows 8.1 I uninstalled Paperport 11 before attempting to install Paperport 9 Deluxe. Obviously Paperport 14 will run on a Windows8.1 machine. Please give me something useful or step down. Thank you.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.

whats the error you get when installing

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Please note that I researched the problem on my own before looking further on the Internet. When I came across your Web Site, I thought I would give it a try. It is 3:30am in my time zone and I'm trying to finish up a project by the start of the business day, Friday, May 22. I don't need to pay someone to tell me less than I already know. That's bad business.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, but you havent read any of my messages or replied to any question, so not sure how you wish to be helped.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

When attempting to install, Windows indicated there are "compatibility issues." I was given the suggestion of continuing to search further or proceeding with installation without help. I'm beginning to think I would have been better off going it on my own.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
And are you aware of why you get this message?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Nothing explicit was stated. If I had lots of time I could have researched further or put my question to the Nuance Forum or posed the question on Experts-Exchange. Had I continued with installation in any case, I no doubt would have learned more. And if the installation did not work. I could have done a System Restore and reinstalled Version 11.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
It is just the the fact version 9 will not install on windows 8
Reaching out to Nuance or anywhere else will confirm this
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I still do not have a satisfactory explanation of why not. The suggestion that I look to Paperport 14 noted at the start of this discussion was not helpful since I know for a fact that versions earlier than PPort 14 do run on Windows 8.1.

I'm disappointed with my attempt to utilize the services of your company's experts. I expected more. Thank you.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok