Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAP

All operationing have been changed to pdf files. Help -

Customer Question
all operationing have...
all operationing have been changed to pdf files. Help - can not download anything to fix as it can not read
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Software
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/20/2015
Software technician: Kamil Anwar, Software Specialist replied 3 years ago
Kamil Anwar, Software Specialist
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
You mean all the file associations have changed to pdf?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $54 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Thanks
Ihave no exe files.
nothing can be downloadedunless I get somekind of verification - no more charges willbe made
I initially gave an ok now you want another $$$ without doing a diagnosis??
We work in two ways, question/answer conversation and remote service (where i will connect) which is optional. I beleive, you don't want remote and want to continue here. So we will continue here:
Which operating system are you running?
you didn't do anything in the first place.
$another $54. is not a 'free trial'another $54. is not a free trial
Which operating system are you running?
For billing discussion: please email support [at] justanswer.com or call them on(###) ###-####- since i am a tech only, i cannot assist with billing.
because of the way you are doing things, I do not trust you.I have Windows 7 PremiumLate last night, I deleted & reinstalled or downloaded Java. The new one is not for the 7P that I have.I shut the PC down.When I booted up this morning, everything is in read only format. I can not run Malware Bytes, Norton's My games will not load.Mozilla/Firefox is a goner as is Google.IE - clicking on will not do anything, but when holding the mouse ofer,
'sub windows' open.
One is Microsoft - there I got a technicianFiles can be downloaded, but an executable file can not be read by Adobe Reader. So nothing can be installedThanks for trying -
I haven't done anything, just asked some basic info.
Can you hold windows key and press R
type rstrui.exe
and click OK
then put check on show more restore points
and locate a restore point with a date when the PC worked fine, then click next/finish and see if that restores the computer?
a error opening this document
Adobe Reader opens with it.
Did you do the restore?
restore will not open - file not found. I bet is there, but nothing to execute the file to open
Microsoft could not do a diagnosis tried sending diferent files to open
I was to ger the system in Safe Mode. couldn't get back on-line in S M
eith with or w/o Network
by the time I got back, he was with someone else.
Open command prompt (hold windows key and press R)
type cmd and click OK
Now provide following command:
cd\windows
It'll activate Windows folder. Now provide following command to open Registry Editor:
regedit
Now goto following key:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.exe
In right-side pane, change value of Default key to exefile
Now goto:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile\shell\open\command
In right-side pane, change value of Default key to:
"%1" %*
Now exit Registry Editor and restart your Windows.
See if you can open exe files.
Adobe Reader could not open 'cmd.exe' because it is either not a supported file type or it has been damaged
ows can not find cd\windows
when I took a look @ (I can not recall who I got there to tell me what version of Windows I was running - I did not find a listing
nothing I do is supported
I just may have to format or get a new computer
Software technician: IT Miro, Computer Scientist replied 3 years ago
IT Miro, Computer Scientist

Hello! I am IT Miro and I will assist you on this question.

Have you tried booting your Windows 7 into Safe Mode to check if you can access programs from there, such as System Restore?
Hi again!
Do you still require assistance with this issue?
Let me know,
- I want to thank all of you for trying to help me with this.It is no different. also I can not always access my e-mail. Just won't open. I saw the e-mails come in sorry you have not heard from meI have a different PC that was taken to the shop near here, hoping that will be up & running soon. I much rather use a 23" then a laptop. So this is going.Thank you for trying. And please set up your system as to what you charge. No one should have to pay twice amounts 'upfront'. State your price honor it.Dona
Hi, Dona!
I am sorry for the problems.
In case there is anything else I can do for you, let me know.
All about charges and "Additional Services" can be read here:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/topics/142
in the "Expert Services" section.
Regards,