Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

I have lightroom 5, I have never used presets, i tried to use

Customer Question
them two days ago and...
i have lightroom 5, I have never used presets, i tried to use them two days ago and nothing happened do i need to turn something on
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Software
5/8/2015
Software technician: Michael Hannigan, IT Expert replied 2 years ago
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. All you should have to do is go to the preset and selected in order for it to be applied...A set of default presets is listed in the Presets panel of the Develop module. Click the Lightroom Presets folder to display the default presets.To preview the effects of a preset on your photo, move the pointer over it in the Presets panel and view the effects in the Navigator panel.To apply a preset to the photo, click it in the Presets panel.
You can also create and edit presets. If that is what you are trying to do let me know and I can provide you instructions for that as well. Is it me know if you still have questions.
I have tried all that and it does not work I still cannot use the presets
What happens when you click on a preset?
nothing at all
Do they show up as usable or are they grayed out?
No they are there you can get to the panel use the pointer to scroll over them nothing happens in the preview and if you click on one it turns white like your highlight in it but does not do anything to the photo at all
Are the presets presets that came with light room or are they user presets?
Both
I had never use the presets before I got some preset downloads and put them in with the ones I had there that came with the computer and none of them work
Okay can you please do the following, click on the plus button to create a new preset and store it in the user presets and check off only one of the items that you know is compatible with the picture format and mode that you have up. In other words something that you could easily do successfully just with the controls. One you can try is just sharpening because that will work with everything. Leave everything else unselected and then save that preset.
When you create it call it whatever you want like sharpen.
The purpose of this is just to create a very basic preset that we can predict how exactly it will affect the photo. Then when we apply the preset we expect to see that one aspect of the photo change.
One important note about the presets in light room is that they will not make drastic changes – they are meant to make fine adjustments to the "development" process.
I did what you said and as far as I can see nothing happens
Okay, once you select the preset, please select the photos you want to apply it to and then click the sync button on the right
when you click on preset you do not get sink you have previous or reset over there on the right sideonly if you click more than one do you get the sink to show up
Do you have pictures at the bottom of the screen?
this started with just lightroom 5 that I had and I was trying the last couple of days today I bought lightroom 6 and I'm still having the same issues nothing at all happens when you goto the preset panel like the videos show you that things happen with morning nothing at all happens it is as if something is switched off somewhere
Yes there is a picture on the bottom
Also, are you under the develop tab?
Yes
There are a few type of presets. There develop presets and there are import and export presets.
Is really strange because it should apply the preset to the active photo when you choose it. You could apply it to more than one photo if you wanted to as an option but you don't have to normally.
ok I am really dumb I just clicked on the arrows next to the presets and they drop down the different boxes and when I scroll over them they change the preview picture and if I click on it it changes the main picture thank you for your help I'm going to go find a baseball bat and hit myself with it now
When you select one of those presets on the left the right hand side of the screen at the bottom should populate with the specific controls for that preset so you can change them if you want to
Please don't do that because it might cause you to forget how to use presets!
I would appreciate a moment of your time to rate my level of service at your convenience. Thank you.
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, IT Expert