Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

If 881 people like my Facebook Page,

why are only 71 people...
If 881 people like my Facebook Page, why are only 71 people seeing a post on average, and not 881?
8/15/2013
ptorres007
ptorres007, Computer Support Specialist

LKT :

Hello

Customer:

Hi

LKT :

If I understand your question correctly, some of your posts have more likes than views?

Customer:

I have a Facebook Page for a nonprofit organization, and it says that 881 have liked it. I can see their individual icons/profiles.

Customer:

ARe you familiar with a Facebook Page for an organization?

Customer:

Under each post, it will say something 71 people saw your post. On the right, there's a button to "boost this post"...it used to cost only $5 but now is up to $30. What the heck is up with that...I know that last year, it didn't cost that much and it was much better when it was free two-three years ago.

LKT :

Yes, I know this problem as well. The reason behind it is that people can actually "like" without viewing or clicking on the post which would count the view

LKT :

Its the same thing as liking a picture without opening the picture. These two number will be inconsistent. The likes can be higher than views.

LKT :

Or for instance, there might be a "like" button widget on a website that someone clicks without going to the actual page.

Customer:

I'm not talking about liking posts. I'm talking about how many people like my org's Page.

LKT :

Its the same concept. Do you have any like buttons anywhere besides facebook?

ptorres007
ptorres007, Computer Support Specialist
ehabtutor
ehabtutor, Consultant
HiCustomer

I would like to explain your question better.

Previously facebook used to show your post to 100% of your page fans.

Recently with their urge to get funds from advertising. They changed their strategy and they are now showing to an average of 10% only of your page fans for each post.

There is a solution to this if you are interested.

I hope my answer was able to clarify and address your question.

regards,
ehab tutor

Is it to simply pay $30 per post? That's just not right for a nonprofit org.

no.

paying for posts is actually advertising. and its not specifically 30$ you can allocate the budget that you want. The 30$ is a suggested budget by facebook to boost the post.

Facebook adopts a pay per click strategy where you can specify a certain budget and specify what you wish to pay for each click.
and your post will appear to certain people based on the advertisment settings that you control. among this setting are geographically and gender as well as age.

regards,
ehab tutor
The solution i am talking about is how to maximize the number of users that sees your posts, to be near the number of page likers.

As i told you above the rule is that only 10% of your page fans on average sees the post you publish.

but you can actually increase this number by urging your page fans to do the following:

you should post a similar image on your page urging your page fans to check the get notifications option after they like the page. This will make each post you publish appear for them.

Check the image here.

http://wikisend.com/download/711496/getnotifications.jpg

So to wrap up. this method will make you use the maximum of the page fans. Paid ads will let you reach new page likers as well as show your post to new people not neccessarily your page fans.

I hope i was able to clarify the issue.
Let me know if you have any more question.
If you are satisfied with my answer, please take a minute to leave me a positive rating. A bonus will be highly appreciated.

regards,
ehab tutor
ehabtutor
ehabtutor, Consultant
DearCustomer

I think you mistakenly rated the previous experts answer. If you have done this by mistake, please rate my answer and we can send a request for pearl.com moderators to remove the other.

If you didn't mistakenly rate it, then no problem.

regards,
ehab tutor
Thanks for rating my answer.

If you which to remove the first rating that you mistakenly did, let me know so i can send the moderator your request.

regards,
ehab tutor

Yes, I would like to remove the other rating.

ok i sent a request to pearl/justanswer admins and will let you know if you need to send an email to request this yourself.

regards,
ehab tutor
Hi again,

please click the Help link at the bottom of your question page or send an email to [email protected] and the Customer Support department will correspond with you directly.

Send them the link for the question and tell them that you mistakenly rated the first experts answer and that you need to undo this.

regards,
ehab tutor
ehabtutor
ehabtutor
ehabtutor, Consultant