Software

I wish to send documents by email. Firstly I scan, then save…

Customer Question
I wish to send documents...
I wish to send documents by email.
Firstly I scan, then save ( either flash pen or desktop )
But when I try to attach to email, I get a message that file is corrupted.... Read full answer
I wish to send documents by email.
But when I try to attach to email, I get a message that file is corrupted.
Submitted: 6 years ago.Category: Software
10/13/2012
Software technician: Freddy M., Computer Support replied 6 years ago
Freddy M.
Freddy M., Computer Support
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. Some email services/clients have trouble with external drives try saving the file to the desktop and attaching it from there does the same thing happen?

Jt saves to desktop - or mobile flash - but when I try to attach to email, the message is that it canot be displayed because it is corrupted - no reason or help offered

Can you open the file after saving it? What email service/client are you using?

No - "it is corrupted"

Using Windows Vista

I need your email service/client as well the version of windows unfortunately will not help. Since it is corrupted when you opening something is happening while saving how are you scanning/saving?

I don't understand. Do you mean @uwclub.net ( as in *****@******.*** ) What is my email service/client ?

I scan using Photoshop 7. It appears to scan OK and to save with an icon - but as I said before - when I try to attach to email, The message is " cannot display file as it is corrupted". That is my question - why is it corrupted. What have I done incorrectly ?

You said if you open it, it says that as well which means it is not saving properly. I apologize but I am going to need to opt out and open this to all experts.

So what happens next ?

I am not sure when to expect your next message I am a doctor and may be called away while waiting So - best to email me when expert opinion available Sean Bradley
Software technician: HandyAndy77, Computer Enthusiast replied 6 years ago
HandyAndy77
HandyAndy77, Computer Enthusiast

Hello there. Welcome to Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I’d be happy to assist you with your issue today.

So when you scan, does the scaned image come up on your screen?

When you save it, see if theres a way to change the file format. Usually found in the save as drop down box.

Have you ever been able to open scan files after saving them??

What file format are they saving in now??

Thank you Andrew. I mentionned to Freddy that I am a hospital doctor on call, As it happens I have just retuened home.

Let me review the steps.

1 I import via Photoshop 7 from Epson Stylus 130 a) preview and b) scan

2 The image appears - but becomes clearer when I close the scan command.

3 Next step "save" This only allows options to desktop or flash pen Icon appears on

desktop ( or if I use flashpen ) the winking light stops when save completed

4 This is when the trouble starts . When I try to open from desktop or flashpen the message is "cannot display file as it is corrupted" This has not appeared previously.

I have no means of knowing what format or changing format when saving. Impasse

22.00 hours UK Time ( 16.00 EST)

Please see my reply at 16.26. I have been waiting for you reply since then.

When can I expect it. It will soon be bedtime here

Software technician: SW70s, Sr. SW Engineer. replied 6 years ago
SW70s
SW70s, Sr. SW Engineer.
Hi, my name is Mike (SW70s)
ok, this is how I do this, it should work for you.
I scan the document from my all in one printer, using the SW that came with the Printer. I either push the scan button on the printer or use the pull down menu to scan or click the SW scan icon.
I do a "save as" before or after it scans in. Save to whatever directory/file on any device (hard or flash drive) in whatever format, .txt, .doc, or .pdf.
I go to my email SW, I use yahoo, compose a new email and attach the file just saved from the popup menu.
After it attaches, send it.
I hope this helps, This works for me.
--------------------------
If you think I have provided you with "Excellent" service, and worth it, Please don’t forget to click ACCEPT so I can be get paid for my work..
Positive Feedback and BONUS are always appreciated.
Thank You
--------------------------------

No Mike - this does not work. I have done all that exactly - but still get the same result " cannot display - corrupted "

So what now ? When do I expect your next communication ?

Sean Bradley

Hi
I don't understand....you say your using Photoshop 7, why for this? Have you done this before and it worked using it? what to you use it for?
I don't have photoshop nor the same printer so I can't exactly duplicate your problem, and I need more exact, detailed info.
I know about and know people who use photoshop to edit/create pictures, videos, grahpics,etc
Also, you say "This is when the trouble starts . When I try to open from desktop". Why are you doing that? Right click on the desktop icon you say you
try to open and select "properties" and copy/paste the info to your reply here, so I can see what it says, that will tell me what it is, eg what it is
on the desktop, type of file, etc.
I did a web search for your printer you stated "Epson Stylus 130" the link for it (EPSON Stylus NX130 All-in-One Printer) is...
http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/jsp/Product.do?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&sku=C11CB54201
Please read the info, specs, fuctions, what you got in the box (including the App SW and drivers) and download what you need, don't have, eg manuals,
printer fuction SW, OS driver for vista (should already be installed on your vista system).
Same for photoshop,
the link for photoshop 7 info including alot of links (even a tutorial to help you) from adobe.com is
http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/search/index.cfm?term=photoshop+7&loc=en_us&siteSection=support%3Adownloads
link for "Learn Photoshop Elements 7
Learn to use Photoshop Elements with tutorials selected by experts at Adobe.
Find everything from Getting Started tutorials to new features, tips, and techniques." is
http://tv.adobe.com/show/learn-photoshop-elements-7/
the link for photoshop 7.0.1 update downloads is
http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=1851
Help is also available on these web sites. Click link to access customer service/tech support. You can ask questions and get help via phone, email, or chat.
As far as emailing the file, how exactly do you send any emails? details please.
Hope this info helps, please look and read, it should help answer your questions. If not, let me know and I'll try, if I can, otherwise I'll opt-out for
experts who have the expertise to assist you better.
-------------------------
--------------------------
Thank You
--------------------------------

Thank You Mike : This is getting very complicated especially as I did not have this problem until now. I have followed all these websites myself - but there is nowhere I can ask the simple question " why are these saved items corrupted" ... and I am not getting answers.

I shall start again to investigate through Adobe. You ask why ? Because all scans have to be accomodated somewhere and that place is Adobe Photoshop 7 where image size etc can be adjusted. Then they have to be saved - I use desktop or a flashpen - but when I try to retrive - as you advised by double-click - Message is that file is corrupted. Why Why Why ?

The problem has not been solved.

Sean Bradley

Software technician: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 6 years ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Hi, Thanks a lot for posting your query here. I am Jins here to assist you. Please go to www.wikisend.com and browse to the file you scanned and system says that corrupted. Upload that file and give me the download link wikisend gives you.

Regards
Jins

I have tried that. Absolutely nothing happens when I select "upload"

No progrss made in last four days : I am not satisfied.

I shall call in a local advisor

Please leave the matter there

JPS Bradley

Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
Funny you ping me. I tried the power off the Mac steps with
Richard - funny you ping me. I tried the power off the Mac steps with the command R and Utilities - though I didn't recover the document. As a result I started over today and saved the document again … read more
Chavez Clemons Jr
Chavez Clemons Jr
President and Founder,
Bachelor of Science
I cannot send attachments to my emails. I had a hard drive
I cannot send attachments to my emails. I had a hard drive crash and my new hard drive only has Pages and I cannot send documents to other computers as I do not know how to convert to PDF Files … read more
Vishnu Babu
Vishnu Babu
Engineer - Information Technology,
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS)
I have a Corsair 128 MG flash drive that I backup all my
I have a Corsair 128 MG flash drive that I backup all my personal files, folders, photos, ... on at work. Between Friday 8/3 and Monday 8/6 several Excel spreadsheets were corrupted, and the Corsair d… read more
John - Tech Expert
John - Tech Expert
Computing Network Management and Design
Stop searching for answers—
We have lost documents under OneDrive. It may be because our
We have lost documents under OneDrive. It may be because our credit card expired and we have been sent new ones with a new expiration date. Can we get our documents back that are under OneDrive? … read more
Byron
Byron
Computer Support Specialist,
I have two issues, to wit: 1: Running windows 10 I will have
1: Running windows 10 I will have something on the screen [be it in firefox-website, or a scanned document and I want to email it I press email on the drop-down menu, upper left corner of screen, and get a message on right side of screen to use but the click box on right side of screen is non-functional. I end up having to save the screen/document, open a new email, click insert and then retrieve the item to attach tol the email. Not feasible for me. Point 2: In wordperfect am trying tol set up a template for a; letterhead. I do it but often when I retrieve ikt the spacing has shifted and the temwplqte must be adjusted. Can you help … read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
I have windows 10. I am trying to attach some files to
I have windows 10. I am trying to attach some files to emails. each time, the attached file is not the one I attached, even though it is named correctly. It also ends in .docx instead of .doc. The pat… read more
David L
David L
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I am having problems with scanning a file and trying to
I am having problems with scanning a file and trying to email to to someone. The scan puts several documents into one file, but when I try to attach the file to the email, it will only pick up the fir… read more
AAS Information Technology
Yesterday, when I tried to scan something and attach it to
yesterday, when I tried to scan something and attach it to an e-mail, it wouldn't allow it anymore. the window said something of re-setting settings on outlook.. … read more
Computer Hardware Engineer,
I have windows 8 and a brother scanner. I was using the scan
I have windows 8 and a brother scanner. I was using the scan function with no problem. Suddenly, over the weekend, something changed. Now it saves scans to the SCAN folder. I can't find that folder.… read more
System/Network administrator,
I have Adobe (Acrobat Reader DC) Export PDF. Firstly, all
I have Adobe (Acrobat Reader DC) Export PDF. Firstly, all pdf files that I open (e.g., incoming e-mail attachments) automatically open in the Convert program. I don't want that. I want some pdf files … read more
Software Specialist,
Acrobat Reader and iPad App is giving me visibility to my
Acrobat Reader for iPhone and iPad App is giving me visibility to my attachments hanging off my PDF, but I can't open them. When I tap on the file I get: "The document could not be opened." These PDF … read more
Computer Technology Consultant,
When I download PDF files, in about 24 hours they automatically
When I download PDF files, in about 24 hours they automatically change to text or unicode text-so I can't open them - been going on for months. I first bought new MacAir, then upgraded to latest Adobe… read more
IT Manager,
Stop searching for answers—
I have windows 7 and can't open PDF files that I've saved in
I have windows 7 and can't open PDF files that I've saved in my documents. They will not open from the email either. What can I do?… read more
Software Specialist,
Im getting this error message on my mac. Adobe Reader could
I'm getting this error message on my mac. Adobe Reader could not open 'Adult Initial Assessment.pdf' because it is either not a supported file type or because the file has been damaged (for example, i… read more
It Support Specialist,
Computer: I am operating a business at home and I am using
Computer: I am operating a business at home and I am using an HP Office Jet Pro 8600 Premium. It has always been a great tool in my office. I was using a product called PDF Cute Writer and it always s… read more
active1065
active1065
Bachelor
The 2010 PowerPoint that I want to use on the HP Laptop with
The 2010 PowerPoint that I want to use on the HP Laptop with XP professional is 12.8MB and has moving parts. The computer will not accept the PowerPoint, it will accept it if I change it to a 1997-200… read more
AAS Information Technology
Please help. I just bought an Adobe PDF package hoping that
Please help. I just bought an Adobe PDF package hoping that I could use it to create new forms and letters and then attach them to emails. It doesn't seem to be able to do this. Did I just buy the wro… read more
ehabtutor
ehabtutor
C.E.O,
Adobe Flash Player Supposedly Installs But Then' Adobe
Adobe Flash Player Supposedly Installs But Then ' Adobe Reader Couldn't Open "install_flashplayer11x32ax_gtbp_chrd_aih_2.bat" because it is either not a supported file type or the file has been damage… read more
Chris Baxter
Chris Baxter
CEO,