Software

Ask Software Development Questions and Get Answers ASAp

Software

unable to install printer on line. HPB110a photosmart

Customer Question
unable to install printer on...
Submitted: 5 years ago.Category: Software
1/4/2012
Software technician: PCDrMiller, Computer Support Specialist replied 5 years ago
PCDrMiller
PCDrMiller, Computer Support Specialist

Do you know the name of your wireless
network and the password? If not, you can use this tool to retrieve the
password. You will have to do this on a laptop that is already connected to
your wireless.

Please click this link and choose open or save it to your computer and then
find and double click the file wirelesskeyview.zip ---> http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wirelesskeyview.zip

Double click on the file wirelesskeyview.exe and chose run.

The wireless password XXXXX be in the column
key(ascii).

Or with Windows 7 Laptop,
you may be able to get the key if you left click on the wireless icon in lower
right by the clock, right click on your wireless network and choose properties.
click on the security tab and then check the box to show characters.

*********

You must have the password XXXXX connect your printer unless your router has a push button connection technique or supports WPS.

I would suggest you try and connect the printer using the wireless setup wizard on the printer control panel.

To connect the product with the Wireless Setup Wizard

1.

Write down your network name (SSID) and WEP key or WPA passphrase.

2.

Start Wireless Setup Wizard. (touch wireless button on printer below control panel)

Touch Wireless Setup Wizard.

3.

Connect to wireless network.

Select your network from the list of detected networks.

4.

Follow prompts.

5.

Install software.

Let me know if you have any luck getting your wireless key and using the wireless setup wizard on the printer.

wirelessnetwork talktalk

wirelessnetwork talktalk brandy32

password XXXXX /p>

internet GOOGLE

Printer was connected online for 9 months then after being disconnected for 6 weeks lost connection when switched on again. Prints perfectly when connected with USB.

Can you run through the wireless setup wizard again to make sure the connection is working to your router. If possible, print out the network configuration page and let me know what the printer IP address is.

Also, if the printer has been installed with USB, then you need to add the printer again using the network connection.

Go to start -> control panel -> devices and printers.

Click on add a printer and choose network, wireless or bluetooth printer and it should scan your network and locate it if connected properly.

I cannot find the WPA phrase therefore no point trying the printer wizard again

printer security FAIL

Ok, we will need to get the wpa password XXXXX you will be able to complete setup.

Did you try this tool on a wireless laptop?

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/wirelesskeyview.zip

******

If that does not work for you,

you may be able to getthe key if you left click on the wireless icon in lower right by the clock,
right click on your wireless network and choose properties. click on the
security tab and then check the box to show characters.
********

If that doesn't work either, let me know what the brand and model of your router is and I will try and help you login to check the passphrase.

printer security FAIL

IP address 192.168.1.3

Router DSL 2640R D- LINK

What is the 192.168.1.3 IP address?

Normally you can login to your model router at this address.

http://192.168.1.1

Try admin for the username and password.

If you can get in, click on setup, then wireless setup and your password is going to be at the bottom where it says pre-shared key.

IPaddress 192.168.1.3

Router DSL 2640R D-Link

Is this your router IP address?

http://192.168.1.3

If so, try logging in with admin for username and password.

the user name and password was changed when there was a netword problem

router and laptop.

The router name and password is

Name Brandy32

password XXXXXXXXXXX

So were you able to login to the router and get the WPA key?

If Brandy32 is the name of your network and you have the password, that is the information that you need to complete the wireless setup wizard. The WPA passphrase is the same as the password you have on the wireless network.

the printer screen indicated on line but when I tried to print, the message on the laptop the screen was Off line .

this has been the answer I get every time .

therefore thank you for your efforts but it seems something is blocking the connection and I will have to be content using the USB connection.

As the problem has not been resolved, no charge should be levied

Is 192.168.1.3 the ip address of the printer?

If so, when you click on this page, you should get a printer status page. Do you?

http://192.168.1.3

If you do, then you have the printer on-line, it is possible it is not setup on your computer using the correct port, especially if you had it connected via usb cable.

To check the port, click on start -> control panel -> view devices and printers.

Right click on the printer and choose printer properties. (middle of list)

Click on the ports tab and see which port is checked.

If it is a USB port, you need to create a new port -> standard tcp/ip port and use the IP address of the printer so you can print to it wirelessly through the network.

clicked on ip address

screen displayed; " internet explorer cannot display the web page"

PCDrMiller
PCDrMiller
PCDrMiller, Computer Support Specialist