PhillipsEsq.
PhillipsEsq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A., M.B.A., J.D.
16551887

I recently applied for Soc.Sec. benefits. When I ealked to

Customer Question

I recently applied for Soc.Sec. benefits. When I ealked to the specialist on Friday I made a mistake . I wanted to receive benefits back to September but I told the young man the wrong thing. Can this be changed to receive the funds back to September?
JA: What is your current age and retirement age?
Customer: My current age is 67 & I have already been approved for my first payment April 8th. But I did want the funds that were retroactive back to Sept.
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thank you.
Submitted: 7 days ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PhillipsEsq. replied 7 days ago.

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about this situation:

Response: You may still be able to do this since you gave this information just last Friday. You need to contact Social Security Administration this morning to make the change.

https://www.ssa.gov/agency/contact/

1 (800) 772-1213

A 5-star positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit from the site for responding to your post.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Please note that I work with multiple customers on the site and I respond to posts in the order that they are received. If you have asked additional questions but have not heard back from me, it does not mean that I have ignored your post. It just means that I am currently working with another customer in front of you or may be offline. Thank you for your understanding.