lev-tax
lev-tax, Tax Advisor
Experience:  Taxes, Immigration, Labor Relations
870116

I need my social security award letter for 2019, I'm 68 now

i need my social security award letter for 2019
JA: What's your current age and retirement age?
Customer: I'm 68 now and my retirement age was 62
JA: Anything else you want the Accountant to know before I connect you?
Customer: that's all i need, thanks

Hi and welcome to our service!

If you need proof you get Social Security benefits, Supplemental Security (SSI) Income or Medicare, you can request a benefit verification letter online by using your my Social Security account. This letter is sometimes called a "budget letter," a "benefits letter," a "proof of income letter," or a "proof of award letter."

You can also request proof that you have never received Social Security benefits or Supplemental Security Income or proof that you have applied for benefits.

.

To set up or use your account to get a benefit verification letter, go to Sign In Or Create An Account.

http://www.ssa.gov/signin

You cannot request a benefit verification letter online for another person, such as a spouse or child.

If you can’t or don’t want to use your online account, or you need a letter for someone other than yourself, you can call the SSA at 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****), Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.

Let me know if that helps.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Hi

The most simple way to get your award letter - is to use your SSA online account as stated above.

Let me know if you are able to see my previous reply.

If for some reason you are not able to to access your SSA account - you would need to contact the SSA directly.

Let me know your zip code and I will find local SSA contacts for you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I'll try and let you know
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It is so complicated to get it on line, do you think they will help if I go to social security office? Can I get it from their office?

Yes - you may call the SSA and ask the award letter to be mailed to your address

OR

you may just visit any SSA office and the representative will print the award letter for you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Noted, thanks!
That's ok, there is one close by my office, thank you!

Glad to help.

You are welcome back with all your social security related issues.