Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

I am applying for VA benefits and need a copy of my Social…

Customer Question
I am applying for...

I am applying for VA benefits and need a copy of my Social Security benefits for 2017

Accountant's Assistant: What's your current age and retirement age?

I will be 86 in September

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Retirement Accountant to know before I connect you?

Just that I need a copy of this to apply for VA medical benefits

Submitted: 24 days ago.Category: Social Security
6/1/2018
Social Security Expert: Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney replied 24 days ago
Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney

Hi, my name is***** .I have been practicing SS LAW full time for 12+ years, exclusively, and look forward to assisting you.

OK, you can do one of a couple of few things:

1) You can go now go to http://ssa.gov/myaccount

From there you create a passworded account for yourself with the SSA. You then login (remember your login details) and look for the link for your 2017 1099.

You can also order which ever of several documents should you wish.

There are other helpful documents, annual SS earnings statement, benefits verification, etc. You can change your banking info, your address, etc., should the need arise.

2) If you can't get into your account ( it happens) you can call 1(###) ###-####and request the document.

3) You can call OR VISIT your local SSA field office and they can get you one.

Good luck with the VA benefits!

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me with 5 stars when you are done. It costs nothing extra but tells company to give mecredit for my assistance to you today. I look forward to assisting you inthe future, should you have legalquestions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!