Social Security

Ask social security questions and get answers ASAP

What happened to my check for May. I am 77 / 67 was my age…

Customer Question
What happened to my...

What happened to my check for May

Accountant's Assistant: What is your current age and retirement age?

I am 77 / 67 was my age of retirement I had been getting a check every Wed since I retired

Accountant's Assistant: Anything else you want the Retirement Accountant to know before I connect you?

No except I need to know what happened to my May check

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Social Security
5/31/2018
Social Security Expert: keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner replied 2 months ago
keeperumiami
keeperumiami, Senior Tax Expert & Financial Planner

Hello, my name is***** goal is to give you a complete & accurate answer. I am working on your request now & I will respond as soon as possible.

The best & most expedient way to follow-up on your missing May benefits is to contact your local Social Security office. I'll give you a link where, using your ZipCode, you can find the address and local phone number of the closest local Social Security office.

https://secure.ssa.gov/ICON/main.jsp

If the local office nearest you does not publish a local phone number, then you can call the general Social Security toll free number at 1-***-***-****. However, be advised that this number usually involves an extended wait time on "hold", so it is preferable to use the local number if available. The other option is to actually visit your local office.

Let me know if you have any follow-up questions.

Please remember to rate my response as that is the only way the SITE will credit me with assisting you today.

Thanks very much,